Morten Peter Meldal
Morten Meldal was rewarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2022.
- Morten Meldal is a professor at the University of Copenhagen and head of the Center of Evolutionary Chemical Biology.
- He has served as the Deputy Head of Department for Education (VILU) at UCPH's Department of Chemistry.
- He has a unique influence on methods used in peptide and combinatorial chemistry. His specialties span combinatorial chemistry, click chemistry, polymer chemistry, organic synthesis, automation in synthesis, artificial receptors and enzymes, nano assays, biomolecular recognition, enzyme activity, cellular assays, molecular immunology, nano scale MS and NMR, encoding.
- He founded the Society of Combinatorial Sciences, of which he is also president.
- He has published more than 300 publications and holds 21 patents.
- He is also the company founder and CSO of Betamab, a company that conducts biotechnology and pharmacological research, diagnostics and pharmaceutical development.
Primary fields of research
- Computational chemistry
- Chemical biology
- Organic chemistry
- Polymer science
- Combinatorial chemistry
- Protein chemistry
- Structural chemistry
- Molecular recognition