Morten Bækgaard Thomsen
Physiology of circulation, kidney and lung
Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 København N.
2005: PhD in Cardiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, The Netherlands, under the guidance of Dr. M.A. Vos and Dr. P.G.A. Volders.
PhD thesis title: Beat-to-beat variability of repolarization and drug-induced torsades de pointes in the canine heart. ISBN 90-9019221-2.
2000: MSc in Human Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
1997: BSc in Biology, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
Total: 45 peer-reviewed papers since 2003
H-index: 187 (Clarivate) 20 (Google Scholar)
Citations: 1,139 (Clarivate) 1,757 (Google Scholar)
Researcher ID: B-5377-2009
2011-present: Associate professor, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark.
2009-10: Assistant professor, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark.
2006-08: Post-Doctoral Research Scientist at the Center for Molecular Therapeutics, Department of Pharmacology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, USA.
2005-06: Research scientist at the Department of Medical Physiology, Heart-Lung Centre Utrecht, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands.
2001-05: H. Lundbeck, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- ESC Working Group on Cardiac Cellular Electrophysiology: Nucleus member and Editor
- The Cardiac Electrophysiological Society
- The Scandinavian Physiological Society: Founder and Chair of Special Interest Group
Major personal funding:
- Innovation Fund Denmark, 2017
- Danish Heart Foundation, 2012, -13 and -17.
- Vissing Foundation, 2016.
- Foundation Jochum, 2016.
- Carlsberg Foundation 2015.
- Aase og Ejnar Danielsen Foundation, 2010 and -15.
- The Novo Nordisk Foundation, 2012 and -18.
- Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation, Medical Research Council: Research-year student stipend, 2009, -10 and -12.
- Heart Rhythm Society: 2006 and -07.
Participation in international research programs:
- The Danish National Research Foundation Centre for Cardiac Arrhythmia (DARC), from 2009 to 2015.
- Control of Intracellular Calcium and Arrhythmias (CONTICA) funded by the 6th Research Framework Programme of the EU (LSHM-CT-2005-018802), from 2005 to 2006.
- Deputy Editor in Chief - Physiological Reports, 2018-21.
- Associate Editor – Physiological Reports, 2015-17.
- Editorial Board – Journal of Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods, 2008-present.
- Editorial Board – Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, 2010-present.
- Editorial Board – Heart Rhythm, 2011-2015.
- Editorial Board – Acta Physiologica, 2014-present.
- PhD coordinator – Department of Biomedical Sciences, 2011-2014.
- Founder and Chair of the Special Interest Group for Cardiac Physiology under the Scandinavian Physiological Society, 2011-present.
- Nucleus member and Editor of the Working Group for Cardiac Cellular Electrophysiology under the European Society of Cardiology, 2012-16.