- Characterisation of nano-cellulose for use as green bio-composite. Enzymatic extraction. Biochemical and structural analysis.
- Plant anatomy studies – light microscopy, confocal microscopy and immuno labeling.
- Development of larger scale enzymatic extraction of RGI from plant cell walls for different uses as medical coating, food ingredients etc.
- Use of transgenic plants to investigation of ex. genes involved in cell wall synthesis and degradation, drought, disease resistance, bio-fuel.
- Plant cell wall polysaccharides, structure, synthesis, degradation, applied science
Development and implementation of plant transformation technologies for several species - potato (8 cultivars), rape seed, tomato , Lotus japonicus, Brachypodium distachyon, Lemna minorand tobacco – plants and suspension cells (BY2) and latest for algae – Clamydomonas, Penium Margaricitaceum and Ostreococcus tauri.