I am an editor at the Dictionary of Old Norse Prose. Previously I held a Marie Curie fellowship at the University of Copenhagen working on a new dictionary of the language of Old Norse poetry (Lexicon Poeticum). I was previously Senior Lecturer in Early Scandinavian Studies at the University of Aberdeen. I teach and research the language, literature and history of Viking and medieval Scandinavia.
Primary fields of research
Old Norse language and literature; Lexicography; Skaldic poetry; Old Norse myth; digital humanities
- Dictionary of Old Norse Prose (editor and head): onp.ku.dk
- Lexicon Poeticum (head): Dictionary of Old Norse Skaldic Poetry: lexiconpoeticum.org (supported by Horizon 2020 and Rannís)
- The Skaldic Project (board member, editor, contributor): skaldic.abdn.ac.uk (Rannís etc.)
- Kenning Lexikon (consultant): skaldic.abdn.ac.uk/m.php?p=kl (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft)
- Medievial Unicode Font Initiative (chair): mufi.info