!!Tenure Track Adjunkt
Karen Blixens Plads 8
2300 København S
Primary fields of research
The Neolithic, Neolithic art, 4th and 3rd millennium BC, the Early Neolithic, Middle Neolithic and Late Neolithic, earliest Bronze Age, material and cultural boundaries, continuity and change, cultural diversity and identity, migration, archaeolinguistics.
- The Neolithic in northern Europe and associated migration patterns, incl. aDNA.
- Research project: Deep histories of migration: the early Neolithic around the North Sea financed by the Independent Research Fund Denmark (IRFD), starts January 2021.
- Introduction of Indo-European languages in the North European Neolithic. Research collaboration with Guus Kroonen, Department of Nordic Studies and Linguistics/Leiden University.
- The Corded Ware horse project.
- The Pitted Ware culture in Scandinavia, e.g. in collaboration with East Jutland Museum.
- Various aspects of Neolithic art.
I teach several courses at BA and MA level including: Archaeology, period 3 (Neolithic and Bronze Age in Denmark and Northern Europe); Archaeological Documentation and Analysis; Archaeological Field Techniques and Excavation; Introduction to Archaeology; European Connections; Scandinavian Archaeology.
Supervision of MA theses
I mainly supervise theses concerning the Neolithic and Bronze Age but also more methodological and theoretical theses that run across the traditional archaeological periodization.
I have supervised 11 theses since 2016.
PhD and Postdoc supervision