Social and Clinical Pharmacy
2100 København Ø
My research concerns health care services and epidemiology for chronic disease management and prevention, currently with the focus on medicines use. In the social and clinical pharmacy context, I work within medicines use and clinical pharmacy fields, mainly using quantitative research methods.
The projects I conducted include:
· feasibility of the model for multi-morbidity care in general practice
· effects of neonatal vitamin D on chronic disease risk later in life
· rehabilitation effects on health care utilization in COPD patients
· barriers to cancer pain management with opioids
The projects I am currently involved are:
· appropriateness of polypharmacy prescribing assessed using register data
· development of primary care based interventions to build up vitamin D knowledge in young women with ethnic minority background
· development of pharmacy and general practitioner collaboration models for medication review
· effects of anti-inflammatory drugs on cardiovascular risk in obese individuals
· questionnaire surveys for awareness and compliance with pregnancy prevention measures when using drugs with teratogenic effects
My teaching consists of quantitative research method teaching and student project supervision. I am furthermore interested in exploring and utilizing online teaching possibilities.