Peter Wessel Hansen
Karen Blixens Plads 8
2300 København S
Primary fields of research
- Poverty, poor relief an beggary in early modern Denmark
- Private charity, almsgiving and philanthropy in the 18th and 19th centuries
- Urban history and history of Copenhagen
- Social groups, honour and social stratification in the 18th century.
- Cultural history, social history, micro-analysis
I'm a co-PI in the research project Copenhagen Complains - The Culture of Complaint and the Making of Eighteenth-Century Urban Order. The project is the first systematic investigation of complaining as a decisive factor in the making and changing of urban order in eighteenth-century Europe. The aim is to document how complaints constituted a specific form of urban agency and explain how complaints became an essential component in the struggle for influence in an autocratic political system with no formal popular representation.