Emil Holms Kanal 2, 2300 København S, 22 Bygning 22 (Afsnit 1), Building: 22-3-53
My research field is sociolinguistics in a broad sense. I work with many different approaches and methods, quantitative as well as qualitative. At the moment my research includes the following:
- Language change
- Language ideology
- Phonetic variation in Danish
- Dialect and globalization
- Linguistic commodification
- Language and authenticity
- Language, gender & sexuality
- Language and nation
- Language and coloniality in Greenland
I supervise projects and theses within sociolinguistics and related fields.
At the Faculty of Humanities my research is used as an example of the impact the humanities researchers have on society.
Read the case: Spoken language is a dynamic entity.