Klavs Martin Sørensen
- Highly skilled in vibrational spectroscopy (apparatus design, experiment design, theory & applications)
- Highly skilled in the use of chemometric tools (PCA, PLS, PLSDA etc.), their application and theory
- Highly skilled in Gas Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry (GCMS, GC-FID), injection methods, equipment operation, maintenance, experimental design and data evaluation)
- Very skilled in application of Solid Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME) techniques for GC/MS applications
- Skilled in application of static headspace sampling techniques for GC/MS applications
- Very skilled in application of automatic handling (derivatization etc) for large volume sample counts
- Very skilled in application of thermal adsorption/desorption sampling techniques & equipment for GC/MS applications
- Fair skills in several mathematical disciplines (emphasis on matrix algebra)
- Fair skills in statistics (application and theory)
- Very skilled in ultrasonic measurement and image-forming techniques, their theory and application
- Entry-level knowledge of relativistic and quantum physics
- Robotics for online measurement, control systems and integration
- Fair skills in artificial intelligence modelling and deep learning systems on time series data
Project management, 15 years experience in
- industrial application project development & specification
- on-site management of industrial installation work
- practical involvement in electrical and mechanical installation work
IT and Software development
- 20+ years’ experience in C++ and C
- 20+ years’ experience with HTML/PHP web programming
- 20+ years’ experience in relational database design (primarily Oracle 8-10i, MySQL and PorstgreSQL. Minor experience with SQL Server)
- 20+ years’ experience with the Linux operating system, including the kernel framework (from 2.4 onwards) for
- device driver development. Particular focus on system development for real-time on-line data processing systems and their associated GUIs.
- 20+ years’ experience developing applications in the Qt framework
- 20+ years’ experience with the Matlab programming language and framework, including external c/c++ mex interfaces (rapid data access, parallel threaded calculus - emphasis on chemometric applications)
- Fair experience in use of the CUDA computing platform
- High experience with “minor” languages from the Linux toolbox (Bash shell scripting, awk, perl, regexp etc).
- Very familiar with the Intel performance primitives and Math Kernel Libraries
- Very skilled in Python programming
- Fair experience with development, implementation and use of camera interfaces and vision applications, emphasis on quality grading of meat products
- Fair experience with PLC programming (Allen-Bradley Micrologix)
- Fair experience with software development for embedded controllers
- Fair skills in hardware design and schematic interpretation, primarily digital applications
Prices and awards
- 2019: Awarded "Course of the year" by the Department of Food Science for "Rapid Food Analysis Method"
- 2019: Rewarded the 2019 Niels Foss Talent Prize
- 2020: Nominated by the B.Sc. students on the Food Science education as Faculty teacher of the year
- June, 1998 - Engineering Technician, Electronics, HND Frederiksberg Tekniske Skole,
- January 2012 - Participant in the DNATF-funded Pasteur-program (project manager), Harvard Executive Education, Harvard University, Cambridge, USA
- April, 2015 – Ph.d. in Food Technology, University of Copenhagen
- January 2012 - Participant in the DNATF-funded "Pasteur program: Leading the Virtual Company”, a project manager education designed and executed by Harvard University, Cambridge, USA, targeting management of projects where innovation between private companies and public research institutions plays a significant role.
- 2008 – 2011 - Project manager on the Danish National Advanced Technology Foundation sponsored project "NitFom"
- 2012-2014: Project manager on the Danish National Advanced Technology Foundation sponsored project "ENCMP"
- Jan 2009 - now: Censor on the BSc/MSc course "Quantitative Food Spectroscopy"
- Jan 2017: Responsible for and teacher on the course “Rapid Food Quality Analysis Methods”, a 5 ETCS point mandatory course for all BSc. Students on the Food Science (Technology specialization).
- Feb 2017: Case instructor on the course “Quantiative Data Analysis”, a mandatory course for all BSc. Students on the Food Science.
- 2016, 2017: Key responsible member of the organizing committee for the 2017 International Conference On Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (ICNIRS 2017)
- 2016-2028: Project manager on the project “Better utilization of protein side streams”
- 2018-2020: PI & Project manager on the project “QC-CREW”
- 2018-2021: PI & Project manager on the project “SayCheese”
- Fair experience with 3D visual expression and modeling of technical illustrations and animations using the Blender VFX pipeline
- June, 1998: Product engineer. SFK Technology A/S, Herlev (now Carometec A/S).
- December, 1999: Software engineer, database- and data collection systems. SFK Technology A/S, Herlev (now Carometec A/S).
- April, 2001: Development engineer (algorithms and modeling). SFK Technology A/S,Herlev (Now Carometec A/S).
- January, 2002: Research- and development manager. SFK Technology A/S, Herlev (Now Carometec A/S)
- August, 2009: Research scientist, University of Copenhagen - Part-time (50%) employment.
- June, 2012: Senior Specialist (Chemometrics), Carometec A/S. Part-time employment.
- June, 2012: Ph.d. fellow, University of Copenhagen
- April, 2015 - Postdoc, Department of Food Science, University of Copenhagen.
- March 2017 – Associate professor, Department of Food Science, University of Copenhagen.
Knowledge of languages
- Danish - Native proficiency
- English - Full professional proficiency (with high technical emphasis)
- German - Limited professional proficiency
- 8+ years experience in sales presentation/assisting, technical presentations, non-technical formulation