Kim Lou Johansen
1958 Frederiksberg C
Primary fields of research
My personal interest is in brewing science and technology, traditional cider making, production of soft drinks and distilling spirits with special emphasis on product development, flavour evaluation and fermentation.
I am main responsible for the brewing specific courses as part of the MSc specialization in Brewing Science and Technology at University of Copenhagen, Department of Food Science:
- ‘Brewing and Raw Materials’ (7.5 ECTS, MSc course)
- ‘Brewing Process and Technology’ (7.5 ECTS, MSc course)
- ‘Beer and Packaging Technology’ (7.5 ECTS, MSc course)
- ‘Brewing Project in Practice’ (15 ECTS, MSc course)
I am main responsible for the bachelor course ‘Brewing Summer Course’ for bachelor students, which is offered in three course versions giving 2.5 or 5 or 7.5 ECTS.
I am also teaching heat transfer, mass transfer, sedimentation and pump calculations on BSc course ‘Produktion af Flydende Fødevarer’ (Danish, 5 ECTS).
I am main responsible for the microbrewer education Diploma Craft Brewer in close cooperation with Scandinavian School of Brewing. The education is offered as continuous education and consist of two weeks course:
- Craft Brewer Course under Copenhagen Summer University in August
- Craft Brewer Course II at Department of Food Science January-February.
The students make a project at a microbrewery and a report between the two weeks.
I am main responsible for the pilot brewery at Department of Food Science.