Karsten Høgh Jensen
Øster Voldgade 10, 1350 København K, 03 Område III, Building: 03-0-371
Research experience and interest
Unsaturated flow and transport:
- Experimental and theoretical analysis of flow and tracer transport in heterogeneous systems; effective parameterization; development of deterministic and stochastic modeling approaches.
- Development of hydrogeophysical methods for measuring flow and tracer transport.
- Development of the cosmic ray method for water content and biomass.
Multiphase flow and remediation:
- Experimental and numerical investigations of multiphase flow in intermediate-scale tanks.
- Development of NAPL remediation techniques for heterogeneous systems using steam, steam-air mixtures, and pneumatic vapor extraction.
- CO2 migration in heterogeneous laboratory and field systems.
Groundwater flow and transport:
- Natural gradient and forced tracer tests.
- Application of environmental tracers in modeling flow and transport in complex aquifer systems.
- Geological and parameter uncertainty; geostatistical modeling of aquifer systems.
- Tsunami effects on groundwater systems.
- Hydrological observatories; understanding and modeling hydrological processes at catchment scale; development, calibration and testing of integrated hydrological models; uncertainty propagation.
- Application of remote sensing data for driving and validating integrated and distributed models.
- Application of weather radar based precipitation estimates in hydrological modeling.
- Data assimilation in integrated hydrological models.
- Short, medium and seasonal ensemble forecasting of hydrological variables.
Climate change and hydrology:
- Hydrological impact studies of climate change, uncertainty assessments.
- Development of coupled climate and hydrological modeling systems.