Jette Seiden Hyldegård
Karen Blixens Plads 8, DK 2300 København S, Bygning 16, 2.sal, 14
Primary fields of research
I am interested in humans' interactions and access to information. e.g. to understand people's information (seeking) behaviour in context, including their actions, experiences and sense making while seeking and handling information - and how we may investigate these processes. My research concentrates primarily on educational contexts and students' information behaviour in relation to that; both individually and collaboratively.
Keywords: Human and user oriented information studies, Human-information interaction, Experience and motivation, Transition (e.g. International students), Sense-making, Information seeking models and behaviour, Information literacy, Individuals vs groups, Knowledge creation in collaborative supervision
Member of the research group IBID (Information Behavior and Interaction Design).
Studies and projects (in selection)
- Innovation and entrepreneurship across universities.
The focus of this project is to generate knowledge and insight for the development of a course (10ECTS) on innovation and entrepreneurship for teachers and head of studies at the University of Copenhagen and University of Southern Denmark. The project is a collaboration between the two universities and is funded by the Danish Foundation for Entrepreneurship.
- Knowledge creation in groups - group supervision from a student perspective.
The project is carried out in collaboration with associate professor Hanne Nexø Jensen, University of Copenhagen, and follows groups af master students at the University of Copenhagen while they are writing their thesis.
- International students' information behaviour abroad in an everyday life information seeking perspective (ELIS). This research is carried out in collaboration with professor Morten Hertzum, University of Copenhagen.
Project (2015 -)
- Educational leaders' information behaviour and preferences.
- Use of social media for information seeking
- User study and evaluation of three Norwegian Web tutorials for Information Literacy (IL) at 6 Higher Education Instiitutions in Norway (funded).
Project (2010 - 2011)
- Between myth and reality - a pilot study of Danish secondary school pupils' information seeking and practice (case: a Danish secondary school)
- Between individual and group - an investigation of group members' information behaviour in a study context (ph.d.-projekt).
- Information behaviour
- Information literacy
- Digital design
- Digital competence
- Usability and HCI
- Project orientered processes (e.g. internship)
- Qualitative methods
Before you start working on your assignment, project or thesis it can be useful to know how I see and understand my role as supervisor. I have described that in a 'supervision letter' including what you can expect from me and vice versa. You are welcome to request the supervision letter (just send me an email). At our first meeting we talk about how we should collaborate and agree on a plan for how to proceed. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding supervision.