Jan Kofod Schjørring
Section for Plant and Soil Sciences
Thorvaldsensvej 40, 1871 Frederiksberg C, 72 Højhus 72, Building: 72-3-T342
2006- Professor of Plant Nutrition
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen
2005- Head of Plant and Soil Science Section, Univ. Copenhagen
2000-2005 Research Council Professor (Plant Nutritional Physiology)
1995-1996 Visiting professor, University of British Columbia, Canada
1989-1999 Associate professor, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, DK
1985-1988 Assistant professor, Technical University of Denmark
Plant nutrition and the influence of mineral elements on plant growth, stress adaptation and quality of plant products for food, feed and biomaterials.
Has published 200+ papers in international journals, 16 book chapters, 69 other publications and 1 patent. H-index (ISI-WoS) is 63/ Google Scholar 81.
Boards and memberships:
- The International Plant Nutrition Council (member since 2001; President 2013-2017)
- The Danish Research Council | Technology and Production (2013-)
- Novo Nordic Foundation committee for biotech-based synthesis and production (2012-)
- Novo Nordic Foundation committee for interdisciplinary synergy (2014 -)
- The Hofmansgave Foundation (2008-)
- The International Plant Nutrition Council (Member since 2001 -; President 2013-2017)
- Subject Area Editor Physiologia Plantarum (1998-)
- Associate Editor Frontiers in Plant Nutrition (2011-)
For further information please go to curriculum vitae and list of publications.