- The microbiome during pregnancy and early life, maturation and composition of the early bacterial and viral communities.
- Environment and microbiome as risk factors of later disease
- Impacts on the microbiome of environmental factors such as home environment, antibiotics and delivery mode
- Virome and bacteriophages in health and disease
- The impact of diet on the microbiome and childhood health
- Development of a new method for the prevention of asthma and allergies by manipulating the gut bacterial community in early life
- Supervisor for BSc, MSc and PhD students