Herlev-Gentofte Hospital - Herlev, Borgmester Ib Juuls Vej 1, 2730 Herlev
MD (University of Copenhagen), 1991
D.Sc. (University of Copenhagen), 1994
Professor (University of Copenhagen), 2003
Thesis (D.Sc.): "Late postoperative episodic and constant hypoxaemia – mechanisms and clinical implications". University of Copenhagen, 1994.
- 485 scientific articles in indexed journals with peer review
- 49 book chapters
- 11 textbooks
H-index (October 2011): 30 (meaning that 30 papers were cited more than 30 times)
333 scientific lectures:
- 14 lectures as ”invited visiting professor” in Europe, US and Asia
- 38 invited lectures at international congresses/symposia
- 22 invited lectures at national congresses/symposia
- 79 free lectures (original data) at international congresses/symposia
- 47 free lectures (original data) at national congresses/symposia
- Has been teacher at 133 postgraduate courses.
Scientific tutor (past and present) for
- 51 pregraduate research projects, osval-2
- 32 student research fellows (1 year program)
- 7 DMSc
- 29 PhD
Official opponent at
- 11 PhD
- 3 DMSc
- Hede Nielsen Prize 1997
- Olympus Prize 1999
- NC Nielsen Prize 2002
- Johan Quentin and wife’s Prize 2003
- Society for theoretical and practical therapy, Gold medal 2003
- Lundbeck Foundation, young investigator prize 2003
- DGS honorary prize 2005
Fellow ad eundem of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2004-2013.
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, from Oct. 2005
Member of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (www.icmje.org).
President, The Royal Copenhagen Medical Society.