Universitetsparken 2, 2100 KÃ¸benhavn Ã
The primary research has focused on lipid biochemistry and application of lipids, with special emphasis on understanding the relation between lipid structures and their impact on the delivery of drugs and nutrients. Major current research is focused on the study of molecular interactions of excipients and its impact on drug delivery, characterization and development of drug delivery systems for topical applications. The active research includes formulation strategies, in vitro models, in vivo studies, and diverse analytical techniques.
- Kemiske principper
- Pharmaceutics and drug development
- Bachelorprojekt i farmaci
- Referee for more than 20 international journals including Nature Communications, Progress in Lipid Research, Journal of Controlled Release, Biomaterials, in addition to the evaluation of grant applications for scientific funding bodies in Israel, Netherlands, China, Ireland.
- Author of 140+ peer-reviewed original research papers
- Yaghmur,A and H. Mu (2021) Recent advances in drug delivery applications of cubosomes, hexosomes, and solid lipid nanoparticles, Acta Pharm Sin B, 11(4):871-885.
- Wu, C., Sun, X., Baldursdottir, S.G., Yang, M., and Mu, H. (2019) In vivo evaluation of solid lipid microparticles and hybrid polymer-lipid microparticles for sustained delivery of leuprolide, Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm., 142:315-321.
- Mu, H. and Holm, R. (2018) Solid lipid nanocarriers in drug delivery: Characterization and design, Expert opinion on drug delivery, 15(8):771-785.
- Peng, Q. and Mu, H. (2016) The potential of protein-nanomaterial interaction for advanced drug delivery, J Control Release, 225:121-132.
- Christophersen,P., Birch,D., Saarinen,J., Isomäki,A., Nielsen,H.M., Yang,M., Strachan,C., and Mu, H. (2015) Visualization of protein distribution in solid lipid particles using coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy and its impact on proteinrelease, J Control Release, 197:111-120.
- Borkar, B., Li, B., Holm, R., Håkansson, A.E., Müllertz, A., Yang, M., Mu, H. (2015) Lipophilic prodrugs of apomorphine I: Preparation, characterisation, and in vitro degradation assessment in biorelevant media, Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm., 89:216-223.
- Christophersen,P., Vaghela, D., Müllertz, A, Yang,M., Nielsen,H.M., and Mu, H. (2014) Solid lipid particles for oral delivery of peptide and protein drugs III - The effect of fed state conditions on the in vitro release and degradation of desmopressin, AAPS Journal. 16(4):875-883.
- Schram, L.B., Nielsen, C.J., Porsgaard, T., Nielsen, N.S., Holm, R., and Mu, H. (2007)Food matrices affect the bioavailability of (n-3) polyunsaturated fatty acids in a single meal study in humans, Food Res. Inter. 40:1062-1068.
- Porsgaard, T., Xu, X., Göttsche, J. and Mu, H. (2005) In vitro pancreatic lipase hydrolysis and lymphatic transport in rats of structured oils containing n-3 fatty acids, J. Nutr., 135, 1705-1711.
- Mu, H. and Høy, C.-E. (2004) The digestion of dietary triacylglycerols, Progress in Lipid Research, 43, 105-133.