Professor with special responsibilities, Professor MSO
Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 København N.
The research interest of H Nielsen group is RNA biology with emphasis on catalytic RNA and epitranscriptomics.
Primary fields of research
Epitranscriptomics with emphasis on specialized ribosomes in the immune system, during development, and in cancer. Ribozymes, RNA splicing and small non-coding RNA molecules.
- The flexibility and evolutionary adaptability of RNA-guided nucleotide modifications
- Specialized ribosomes (including cancer ribosomes)
- The role of helicases in ribosome biogenesis
- New RNA cap structures
- The lariat capping ribozyme
- Characterization of the circularization pathway in group I introns