Department of Nordic Studies and Linguistics
Emil Holms Kanal 2, 2300 København S, Building: 22.5.44
From an empirical and a theoretical perspective I study processes of understanding in interaction. In particular, I'm interested in the processes related to interactants' understanding of their own and each others mental states.
- Understanding depression. A study og GP's and psychiatrists understandings.
- Mentalizing in residental care. An intervention study from a residential institution.
Primary fields of research
- Understanding and challenged understanding
- Mentalization theory
- Identifying mentalizing processes through interaction analytic methods
- Emotions in interaction
- Doctor-patient interation
- Interaction between young people in residental care and their care givers
- Psychodynamic theory and interaction analysis
Communication analysis in the Psychology of Language
Introduction to the Psychology of Language - The psychology of understanding