KUA2, Building: 12-4-26
2300 København S
Primary fields of research
All aspects of the interaction between humans and their physical environment. Mainly in the early modern period.
I am presently writing a textbook in English on the environmental history of Denmark sine 1970. Concurrently i am enganged in three rather different fields of research. The first is about the modernization of Danish forestry c. 1880-1930. The second about imaginaries of growth and limitations represented in Danish public discourse since 1945. Finally, the third focusses upon 17th-century peri-urbanization and gentrification in the Copenhagen area.
I teach and supervise within the following fields:
- Early modern Danish microhistory
- European and North American environmental and climate history since 1500 AD
- Danish and Scandinavian agrarian and forest history since 1500 AD
- Danish and Scandinavian landscape and settlement history since 1500 AD
- The histories of social relations, law and mentality in the Danish society of the 17th and 18th centuries
- The history of property right
- PublishedFritzbøger, Bo, 2019, In : Historisk Tidsskrift. 119, 1, p. 129-154 26 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Journal article › Research › peer-review
- PublishedFritzbøger, Bo, Feb 2018, Managing Northern Europe's Forests: Histories from the Age of Improvement to the Age of Ecology. Oosthoek, K. J. & Hölzl, R. (eds.). Berghahn Books, p. 166-200 35 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Book chapter › Research › peer-review
- PublishedFritzbøger, Bo, 15 Mar 2016, København: Gad. 308 p.
Research output: Book/Report › Book › Research