Anni Brit Sternhagen Nielsen
Section of General Practice
Øster Farimagsgade 5 opg. Q
1014 København K
Primary research interests
I work at the Research Unit for General Practice as a teacher in critical appraisal training for doctors in main education for general medicine in Region East. In addition, I work together on projects with colleagues and students at the Research Unit for and the section of General Practice. These include change in self-assessed health (SRH) over 20 years compared to changes in clinical parameters, change of SRH among patients with diabetes, mortality among patients suffering from dementia, and project choice in the critical appraisal training.
As a researcher, I am particularly interested in health among soldiers returned from international missions abroad and their families, health of the general population and among sick patients. I have a lot of interest in the term self-rated health and the significance it has for future illness and mortality. In addition, my interests are how patients handle the treatment and experience life with illness.
Education and counseling areas
- Supervising of students.
- Teaching and supervision of post-graduates following a critical appraisal study in their specialist training for general practice.
- Teaching of nursing students (Early Patient Contact / epidemiology / environmental health and public health).
Right now I'm working on:
- Change in self-rated health (SRH) over 20 years of follow-up and its relation to change in clinical parameters.
- Diabetes - e.g. change in SRH during 19 years of follow-up.
- Mortality among patients suffering from dementia.