Per thor Straten
Blegdamsvej 3B, Building: 07-12-86
2200 København N.
Current projects include:
- Study how platelets bind to T and NK cells and negatively impact on the function of the cells
- Linking oncogenes expressed by cancer cells with immune suppression of T cells in the tumor microenvironment
- Characterization of mechanisms by which cancer cells inhibit functionality of alpha-beta and gamma-delta T cells
- Study how exercise may impact on cells of the immune system, in turn improving anti-cancer immune responses
Fields of interest
- Cancer immunology and immunotherapy
- Immunological effects of exercise
Responsible for the program “The Immune Defence and Cancer” (https://kurser.ku.dk/course/siik16003u/2017-2018), which is part of the master in Immunology and Inflammation (https://studies.ku.dk/masters/immunology-and-inflammation/). Beyond that regular teaching of undergraduate students at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University. Master and PhD students are supervised during the education in the lab.