Heart, Renal and Circulation
Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 København N, 10.5
Born: August 9 1954, Denmark
Present occupation: Professor of physiology
Education and employments:
- 2014 -: Professor, Institute of Biomedicine, Copenhagen University
- 1997 -: Professor, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Aarhus
- 1988-1997: Associate professor, Institute of Pharmacology, University of Aarhus
- 1981-1988: Assistant professor, Institute of Biophysics University of Aarhus
- 1981: Final University Examination in Medicine, Aarhus University
1989 Some aspects of sodium metabolism in arterial resistance vessels
- 1984: 3 years stipend from K Abildgaard, Løvens Kemiske Fabriks forskningsf¬ond.
- 1988: Demuth Award, The International Society of Hypertensio¬n
- 1989: ICI Award, Danish Hypertension Society.
- 1998: Novo Nordisk Prize joint with professor dr. med. MJ Mulvany.
- 2002: Teacher of the year, Medical Faculty, Aarhus University
- 2008: Teacher of the year, Medical Faculty, Aarhus University
Positions of trust:
Edtorial Board of Hypertension, Clinical Science, American Journal of Physiology, Journal of Vascular Research, Vascular Pharmacology.
Welcome Foundation, UK; INSERM, France, Chairman evaluation panel Lunds University, Sweden. Evaluation of 15 Ph.D. theses in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, UK and Holland.
- 9 years: Member of the Danish Heart Foundation Research Committee
- 7 years: Member of the board of the Danish Hypertension Society
- 6 years: Member of the board of European College of Cardiovascular Research.
- 4 years: Member of the International Panel, British Heart Foundation Studentship Programme
- 1990 -: Leader of research group with 5-15 members.
- 2001- 2010: Member of the board of the ”Water and Salt Research Centre” established by the Danish Research Foundation
- 2005 -: Board member Danish Academy for Cardiovascular Research
- 2007-2014: Leader of the graduate program of cardiovascular research, Aarhus University
International Training Networks:
2009-2013: Marie Curie Training network “SmArt”
2013-2017: Initial Training Network “SmArter”
A total of 174 peer-reviewed papers, 2 editorials, 22 review articles and 149 original research papers. Impact factor max.: Lancet 39.1, Nature 38.6, Physiol Rev: 30.2, Circulation 15.2, Circulation Research 11.9. H-index 42, total citations 8100