Juan Antonio Mayoral Díaz-Asensio
Karen Blixens Plads 16, 2300 København S
Juan A. Mayoral is Ramon y Cajal Researcher at the Carlos III University of Madrid and Associate Professor on leave at the University of Copenhagen. He holds a PhD in Political and Social Sciences at the European University Institute and the CEACS-Juan March Institute. He holds a BA in Law (2004), in Philosophy (2005) and in Political Science and Administration (2006). In 2006 he was awarded the grant from the Juan March Institute of Study and Research for master studies at the Centre of Advanced Studies in Social Sciences (2006). In 2009 he obtained a MA in Democracy and Governance in the Autonomous University of Madrid. He joined iCourts as postdoctoral research fellow in 2014. In 2019 he was awarded a Jean Monnet Chair by the Erasmus+ programme.
His research agenda investigates the process of Europeanization of national judicial institutions and its consequences for the decision-making process of public policies at the European and national level, especially in those policy areas, which are traditionally guarded by national sovereignty (e.g. health care, taxation, consumer protection, social security rights, etc.).
Fields of interest
Law & Politics; International Relations; Judicial Politics; Comparative Regional Projects; Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU); National courts; EU law; Judicial Cooperation; Quantitative and Qualitative (mixed-) methods.
- European Union Politics (BA and MA level)
- European Union Law (BA level)
- The Legalization of EU Politics (MA level)
- Law in Political Context: An Introduction to contemporary Law & Politics approaches (BA level)
- International Law & International Relations (MA level)
- Empirical Quantitative & Qualitative Research Methods in Law (BA, MA & PhD level)
- Transitions to Democracy (MA level)
- International Courts (BA level)
- Public International Law (BA level)