Øster Farimagsgade 2A, 1353 København K, Building: 03-3-313
Center for Phenomenological Psychology and Aesthetics
- 2018-22: Post Doc.: Department of Musicology, University of Oslo.
- 2017-18: Post Doc.: Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen.
- 2016: Post Doc.: Interactive Minds Centre, University of Aarhus
- 2015-16: External Lecturer. Department of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics: University of Southern Denmark.
- 2015: PhD: Centor for Subjectivity Research, University of Copenhagen.
- 2014, fall: Visiting researcher at Department of Cognitive Science, Macquarie University, Sydney.
- 2014, spring: Visiting Researcher at the Husserl Archives, CNRS-ENS, Paris
- 2012: University of Copenhagen: MA in Phenomenology and Philosophy of Mind.
- 2009: University of Liverpool: MA in Philosophy.
- 2008: “Soka University of America” (SUA). BA in Liberal Arts and Philosophy “Magna Cum Laude”.
- 2006: August-December: 1 semester study abroad at Soka University, Hachioji, Japan.
- 2016: A Body of Knowledge, University of Irvine California. ““We-ing” in Joint Music Performance”
- 2016: Psykisk Lidelse og Kreativitet, Interessegruppe for Fænomenologisk Psykopatologi , University of Copenhagen. ”At miste sig selv, kreativitet og selvbevidsthed hos den virtuose musiker”
- 2016: Music, Mind, Movement, Meditation, Interactive Minds Centre, University of Århus. “Forms of musical absorption and connections to dreaming and sleeping.”
- 2016: Performance, Subjectivity and Experimentation in Artistic Research, Orpheus Institute, Ghent. “Absorbed Subjectivity in Music Performance”
- 2016: Aesthetics and the 4E mind, University of Exeter. “Is Musical Absorption a Question of Reflection?”
- 2015: 23rd Annual Meeting of the European Society for Philosophy and Psychology, University of Tartu. Paper in panel on Understanding Affective Phenomena in Psychopathology
- 2015: 2nd International Conference on Music and Consciousness, University of Oxford. Paper in panel on “The Musically Extended Mind”
- 2015: Intercenter Workshop on Phenomenology (Husserl Archives Leuven/Paris and Center for Subjectivity Research) Husserl Archives, University of Leuven. “Musical Passivity: from the Body-Schema to Intercorporeity”
- 2014: Memory, Music, Performance Day, Department of Cogntive Science, Maqquarie University, Sydney. “Joint musical interaction withoutjoint musical attention?”
- 2014: 10th Conference of the Australasian Society for Cognitive Science, Monash University, Melbourne. “The Phenomenological Interview”
- 2014: Alternative Models of the Mind. Spindel Conference, University of Memphis. “The Musician’s Model of the Mind”
- 2014: Toward an Embodied Science of Intersubjectivity, University of Copenhagen. “Action Understanding in Absorbed Musical Performance - A Phenomenological Account”
- 2013: Phenomenological Association of Japan: Annual Conference, Nagoya University. “What is skilled coping? Experts on expertise”
- 2013: The International Summer School on Musical Understanding: Philosophical, Psychological, and Neuroscientific approaches, University of Sheffield: Poster presentation on phenomenology of expert musicianship
- 2013: Annual Conference of the Royal Musical Association Music and Philosophy, King’s College London: Paper in tripart panel on enactive and phenomenological approaches to music cognition.
- 2013: “Self-Intimation” workshop. Center for Subjectivity Research,University of Copenhagen.
Paper: “Self-intimation and absorption in the expert musician”
- 2013: “Representationalism & Anti-Representationalism” workshop. Norwegian University of Science and Technology: “Between representational and anti-representational: The immersed musician”
- 2013: “Musikfagligt Seminar”. Dept. of musicology, University of Aarhus.
Paper: “At miste sig selv. Musik og skizofeni”
- 2013: Guest lecture at “Musik og Betydning”: MA class in musicology taught by Dr. Ole Kühl, University of Aarhus.
- 2013: Guest lecture at “Doing Practice, Making Meaning”: MA class in sports science taught by prof. Susanne Ravn, University of Southern Denmark.
- 2012 October 23rd: Phenomenology Research Seminar at Center for Subjectivity Research (PRS), University of Copenhagen. Paper: “Contours of a Phenomenology of Expert Musicianship”
- 2012 May 24th: “Music in the Brain” seminar at Center for Functionally Integrative Neuroscience, University of Aarhus. Paper: “Like a rag doll mindlessly wobbling in sound”: Intentionality and motor-consciousness in performing musicians.
- 2012 June 1st: PRS. Paper: The Phenomenology of Expert Musicianship.
- 2012 June 8th: Annual conference of the Nordic Society for Phenomenology at University of Olso. Paper: Clark and Phenomenology: Is there a Self somewhere in the Extended Mind?
- 2012, Febraury 19th, Soka Education Conference at SokaUniversity of America. Paper: Soka Education, Virtue Ethics and Phenomenology.
- 2011, June 7th: PRS. Paper: “Gibson, Chemero and Beyond: A Layered Approach to Perception.”
- 2011, April 28th-30th: Annual conference of the Nordic Society for Phenomenology at University of Iceland. Paper: “Non-Intentional Conscious States? Merleau-Ponty and the Body Schema of the Expert Musician”.
- 2011, February 19th-21st: Soka Education Conference at SokaUniversity of America. Papers: “An Overview of the Editions of Soka Kyoikugaku Takei”, “Conditions of Creativity”. Workshop: “Applying philosophical doubt”.
- 2009, April 3rd-5th: Annual conference of the Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain at New College, Oxford. Paper: “Conditions of Creativity: A Reading of Descartes, Kant, and Leibniz in the Context of Soka Education”
- 2008, July 30 – August 5th: “World Congress of Philosophy” in Seoul, South Korea. Paper: “A Bergsonian Fortification of Husserl’s Phenomenology”.
- 2004, November 20th – 22nd: “Two Hundred Years After Kant” conference in Tehran, Iran. Paper: “Kant’s Perpetual Peace and its Practical Actualization”.
- 2010-14. Practical organizer of Summer Schools and major international conferences at Center for Subjectivity Research, University of Copenhagen. See also: http://cfs.ku.dk/multimedia/summerschool/
- 2005-08: Co-founder and organizer of the annual “Soka Education Conference”, Soka University of America and of the research initiative “Soka Education Student Research Project”.
- 2010-12: Student assistant at Center for Subjectivity Research (conference organization and book formatting, e.g., Overgaard, S. and Luft, S. (eds) (2011) The Routledge Companion to Phenomenology.
- 2010, Jan-Jun: Conscientious Objector working as conference assistant at Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS).
- Nordic Society for Phenomenology.
I practice Buddhism and enjoy both the meditative practice and the related philosophical studies. I play the cello on an amateur level. I enjoy cooking, running and birdwatching.
Knowledge of languages
- Fluent in Danish, English and French.
- Some ability in German and Japanese.
- Superficial knowledge of Latin and Homeric Greek.
2012 MA in Phenomenology and Philosophy of Mind, University of Copenhagen; 2009 MA in Philosophy, University of Liverpool; 2008 BA in Liberal Arts, Soka University of America