Nico Miskow Friborg
Department of Anthropology, Study Council
Øster Farimagsgade 5, 1353 København K, CSS - Bygning 16, Opgang i
Gender, queer and trans studies, feminist anthropology.
Mechanisms of marginalization and Othering, gender identity, LGBTQIA+, citizenship and gender recognition, decolonization, political activism and mobilization, struggles for social change.
Current research Projects
- Political and social struggles for recognition by the nonbinary genders ’muxe’ and ’ngiui’ in the region of Istmo de Tehuantepec, Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Trans people’s access to gender and body affirming treatment in the Danish health care system, trans specific healthcare, queer and trans self-care.
Teaching and supervision
Department of Anthropology
- Gender Matters – Perspectives on an Anthropology of Gender (BA/MA)
- BA supervisor
- Supervisor on Independent Study Courses.
- Workshops, seminars and lectures on gender identity and sexual orientation, trans people’s wellbeing and challenges, trans activism, feminism, norm criticism, intersectionality.
- Teacher at Krogerup Højskole teaching the course ’Verden Brænder’ on migration, globalization, social movements, global economy and politics, Othering, solidarity, social change as well as campaign work. Including a study trip to Mexico. Teaching the course ’Gender, norms and privileges’.
- Consultant at Det Antropologiske Foretagende
- Rådgivning for transpersoner (Counseling for trans people)
- External consultant and teacher at AIDS-Fondet