Kasper Dyrberg Rand
Professor with special responsibilities
18, Building: 18-4-404
2100 København Ø
- 2017 Professor MSO, Dept. of Pharmacy, University of Copenhagen
- 2012 Group Leader, Protein Analysis Lab, Dept. of Pharmacy, University of Copenhagen
- 2011 Associate Professor, Dept. of Pharmacy, University of Copenhagen
- 2010 Post-doctoral Fellow at the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2009 Post-doctoral Fellow at Northeastern University, Boston, USA
- 2008 Post-doctoral Fellow at University of Southern Denmark, Odense
- 2004 Industrial Ph.D student, Novo Nordisk A/S / University of Southern Denmark, Odense
- 2004 Research scientist, Novo Nordisk A/S
- 2003 Research assistant, Dept. of Protein Chemistry, University of Copenhagen
- 2003 Master thesis student, Dept. of Protein Chemistry, University of Copenhagen
- 2007 Ph.D in Biochemistry, Protein Research Group, University of Southern Denmark
- 2003 MSc in Biochemistry, Department of Protein Chemistry, University of Copenhagen
Awards and Fellowships
- 2016-2020 Sapere Aude Research Leader (DFF-Forskningsleder) of the Danish Research Councils
- 2016-2020 Industrial Doctorate Programme recipient (EID) from EU (main academic partner)
- 2011-2015 Steno Fellowship from the Danish Research Council
- 2011-2015 Marie Curie Career Integration Award
- 2010-2013 Post-doctoral fellowship from the Human Frontier Science Programme (HFSP)
- 2010-2013 Post-doctoral fellowship (IIF) from the Marie Curie Actions programme (declined)
- 2010-2011 Post-doctoral fellowship from the Carlsberg Foundation (declined)
- 2008-2010 Post-doctoral fellowship from the Danish Research Council
- 2004-2007 Industrial PhD fellowship from the Danish Research Council
- 2002-2003 MSc fellowrship from the Danish Biotechnology Priority Area
Research grants and funding
- 2004-2016 Total personal share (approx. 3.2 mill EUR.)
- 2016 The Danish Research Councils (Sapere Aude grant)
- 2016 Horizon2020 (EID grant)
- 2014 InnovationFonden and Lundbeck A/S
- 2013 University of Copenhagen (KU2016)
- 2012 The Danish Independent Research Council
- 2012 Roche Healthcare
- 2012 Novo Nordisk STAR programme
- 2011 The Danish Independent Research Council
- 2011 EU (7th Framework programme)
- 2011 Waters Corporation (Instrument Donation)
- 2010 Human Frontier Science Programme
- 2010 Carlsberg Foundation
- 2010 EU (7th Framework programme)
- 2008 The Danish Independent Research Council
- Main supervisor of PhD students: Patrick Merkle, Ingvar Møller, Zeinab Nasari, Esben Trabjerg, Ulrik Mistarz
- Main supervisor of >15 Master thesis students
- Supervisor of Postdocs: Pernille Foged Jensen and Signe Seger
- Supervisor of Assistant Professor: Tam T.T Nguyen
- Invited Speaker at the 2nd International Conference on HDX-MS (Canada) 2019
- Invited Speaker at the Annual Meeting of the Norwegian MS Society (Norway) 2018
- Invited Speaker at the 8th Symposium on Structural Proteomics (Germany) 2017
- Invited Speaker at the 7th Symposium on Structural Proteomics (Austria) 2017
- Invited Speaker at the 1st International Conference on HDX-MS (Sweden)
- 2016 Speaker at the 21st International Mass Spectrometry Society Conference, Toronto, Canada.
- 2015 Speaker at the 62nd ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, USA.
- 2014 Session chair at the 62nd ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, USA.
- 2014 Speaker at the 21st Scientific Symposium on Mass Spectrometry, Manchester, UK
- 2012 Speaker at 19th International Mass Spectrometry Conference, Kyoto, Japan
- 2012 Invited speaker at 2nd conference on Analytical Technologies for Biotherapeutic Development, San Diego, USA
- 2011 Invited speaker at the 2nd Waters Proteomics Summit Meeting, Manchester, UK.
- 2011 Invited speaker at the Waters Nordic MS Meeting, Bådstad, Sweden.
- 2010 Speaker at the 58th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, USA.
- 2008 Speaker at the 5th Uppsala Conference on Electron Capture and Transfer Dissociation. Paris, France.
- 2007 Speaker at the XXIst Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2007 - >50 guest lectures at universities and pharmaceutical companies in Europe and USA.
- 2007 - Journal reviewer for Anal. Chem., Mol.Cell.Proteom., J.Am.Chem.Soc., Protein Sci., Phys.Chem. Chem. Phys, Pharm. Res., J. Pharm. Sci., J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom., Analyst, Pharm. Res. Amino Acids.
- 2014 Course on supervision of PhD students, University of Copenhagen
- 2012 University Teaching Certificate (Adjunktpædagogikum gennemført ved Institut for Naturfagenes Didaktik, University of Copenhagen)
- 2007 Introductory course to University Teaching (Introduktion til Universitetspædagogik, IUP).
- Course SFABA0262U Analytical Chemistry, Instrumental, Laboratory Course
- Course SFKKIF002U, Biopharmaceuticals: Protein Production and Analysis - course responsible.
- Course FFKKA9021, Principles and Practice of Bioanalysis.
- Course 3132-16-00-00: Mass Spectrometry Coupled to Separation Techniques in Bioanalytical Chemistry.
- Course 3136150000: Analytical Methodology in Protein Formulation Development.
MSc. Biochemistry, Ph.D.