Jacob Ki Nielsen
Forskningsenheden for Almen Praksis
Center for Sundhed og Samfund, Øster Farimagsgade
1014 København K
I am working on a Postdoctoral research project titled Adoptee Demography, which is a register-based population study on transnational adoptees who arrived to Denmark prior to 1991. The aim of this study is to clarify for the demographic elaboration of adult adoptees with a focus on migration and social mobility.
My PhD-project (2009-2013) concerns itself with the relation between nationalism, multiculturalism, globalization and Koreanness and is empirically anchored in contemporary Korean television dramas and cinema of the south. The thesis evolves around a series of qualitative readings with specific attention to the relation between majority and minority representation.
Primary fields of research
- Population studies and adoptee demography
- Adoption history, Migration and minority Studies
- Multiculturalism, nationalism, regionalism, globalization and media
- South Korean modern culture and society. South Korean cinema in the late modernity.
- The work of the South Korean helmer Kim Ki-duk.