Rigshospitalet - Diagnostisk Center, Blegdagmsvej 9, 2100 København Ø
- 1994 June: Medical degree, University of Copenhagen
- 1998 PhD, University of Copenhagen
- 2004 June: Medical specialist in Clinical Immunology
- 2007 Rigshospitalets leadership course
- 2015 Strategic research leadership course Region H
- From August Professor at Institute for Clinical Medicine, University of Copenhagen
- January 2011 – August 2014 Associate Professor at Institute for Clinical Medicine, University of Copenhagen
- From December 2006 Chief physician at Department of Clinical Immunology, Rigshospitalet. Serves as head of The Biobank Section and The Virology Section.
- From December 2005-december 2015 medical director in GivBlod
- 2016-present Member of the national Danish advisory board for personalized medicine
- 2015-present Chair of the Organization of Danish Medical Societies (LVS)
- 2015-present Board member of Program for Clinical Research Infrastructure (PROCRIN)
- 2014–present Member of Strategic Alliance for Register and Health data (STARS)
- 2013-present Board member of The Danish Medical Association Research Fund
- 2013-2014 Member of the think tank NORFOS on new organization forms in health systems
- 2011-2015 Member of The National Forum for Health Research (NSS)
- 2010-2015 Board member of the Organization of Danish Medical Societies (LVS)
- 2009-2014 Deputy Chairman in Danish Society of Clinical Immunology
· 2005-2015 Chairman of Working Group Transfusion Transmitted Diseases in Danish Society of Clinical Immunology
Scientific focus areas
Working in the cross field between epidemiology, genetics, immunology and biobanking. A major area of focus is the health of blood donors with particular interest in causes and consequences of iron deficiency.
I collaborate closely with deCODE genetics Iceland, the INTERVAL study (Universities of Cambridge and Oxford), and Johns Hopkins University.
Web of Science data
203 publications, 4382 citations, H-index 33
PhD students & postdocs supervised
Supervisor of 9 completed and 4 ongoing PhD projects. Supervisor of 2 completeed an 2 ongoing post doc projects.
Research management experience(founder of/leader of):
The Danish Blood Donor Study including >120.000 participants (see: www.dbds.dk).
Copenhagen Hospital Biobank holds at present >306.000 individuals.
Head of The Biobank Unit and The Virology Section at Department of Clinical immunology, Rigshospspitalet. Staff includes 13 lab technicians and 7 academics.