Jens Christian Brings Jacobsen
Heart, Renal and Circulation
Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 København N, 10.5, Building: 24
My primary research interest is the interaction between structure and function of the body's smallest blood vessels and arterial blood pressure.
- How does blood pressure influence the structure of the smallest blood vessels and, conversely, how does the microcirculation influence the size of the arterial blood pressure?
- How does the body ensure that the microcirculation continuously can meet the changing needs of the tissue?
Primary fields of research
- Computer models of microvessels.
- Structural adaptation in vascular networks.
- Simulation of individual vascular cells and groups of cells.
- Respiratory physiology
- Physiology of the gastro-intestinal tract
- Regulation of metabolism
- Hormonal systems and reproduction
- Modelling of physiological systems
I work with models of flow is regulated in the tissues and with models of how the microcirculation (the body's smallest blood vessels) affects the arterial blood pressure. In addition, I work with models of the cells that make up the wall of the small blood vessels; how such cells respond to external and internal stimuli and how they communicate and synchronize. All projects are carried out in collaboration with other researchers and students.