Thure Pavlo Hauser
Section for Organismal Biology
Thorvaldsensvej 40, 1871 Frederiksberg C
I am teaching courses in basic ecology, advanced plant ecology, and vegetation ecology, and others; I am responsible for a specialised course in Plant Ecology.
If you are interested in doing a student project with me, either as BSc, MSc or PhD, you can find suggestions for projects here: Student projects
Primary fields of research
I have a PhD in evolutionary biology, population genetics and ecology. In my research, I have primarily focused on
- evolution of plants defenses against insect herbivores and pathogens
- interactions between plants, beneficial plant-associated microbes, and insect herbivores
- hybridisation between plant species or ecotypes, and its role in evolution. The main focus here has been hybridisation between cultivated plants and their wild relatives, its influence on the possible spread of transgenes from genetically modified crops, and its role in evolution of genetic resources
- inbreeding depression in plants and its influence on evolution of mating system and conservation of small isolated plant populations
- Coordinator for an EU ITN project "MiRA": Microbe-induced Resistance to Agricultural pests, involving 15 PhD students from different European countries. The goal is to understand the context-dependency of beneficial effects of root-associated microbes on the plants own defense against insect antagonists.
- Collaborator on several cross-disciplinary research projects on Saponin structure-activity relationships: biological activity, ecological function and evolution, in which we use a combination of molecular biology, biochemistry and ecology to study evolution and function of a plant resistance. For more information, click here
- Member of the Steering Committe of the COST Action: Using three-way interactions between plants, microbes and arthropods to enhance crop protection and production 2014-2018. http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/fa/Actions/FA1405.
Head of the Danish Society Oikos 2017-2019, the daughter branch of Nordic Society Oikos, which publishes e.g. the journal Oikos. Danish Oikos arranges scientific meetings, workshops, and other network activities for especially young researchers in the field of ecology and evolution. Member of the board and cashier 2012-2017,
For more information, see also http://nru.academia.edu/ThurePavloHauser