Susanne den Boer Beckers
Nørregade 10, 1165 København K, Professorvillaen, Building: 03-1-2
I am a senior advisor in research data management in the Information Security Unit in Research and Innovation. Among others :
- I have co-authored the policy for research data management at the University of Copenhagen, and the faculty policy at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- I advise on research data management, for example on how to write data management plans and how to make data FAIR
- I teach data management in the mandatory courses in responsible conduct of research for PhD students and supervisors
- I co-organise workshops on data management plans for H2020 applicants
- I am a representative for the University of Copenhagen in the National Forum for Data Management
- I am the first author on a book chapter on research data management and an eLearning module on data management plans
My background is in research (evolutionary biology). In short:
- I obtained a PhD degree at the University of Copenhagen in 2009 and was a Marie Curie post-doctoral fellow at the Faculty of Science (UCPH) and the University of Western Australia (2011-2015).
- I have 13 peer reviewed publications to date, 7 of which as first author and 1 as last author, in journals such as Science, Evolution and Proceedings of the Royal Society B.
- I was an associate editor for the journal Behaviour (2012-2015).
- I was in the organising committee of a large international conference (2009) and organised a symposium at another conference (2014).
- I supervised 3 Honour (MSc) students and 2 BSc students between 2009 and 2015.
Knowledge of languages
Dutch (mother tongue), English, Danish