Parasitology and Aquatic Pathobiology
Stigbøjlen 7, 1870 Frb. C., 1-35
- Date of birth: 26.04.1981
- Sex: Male
- Status: Single and no kids
- Nationality: Danish
- Country of origin: Iraq
- Civilian Interpreter Course.
- Ph.D. In Immunology and Infectious Diseases from Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. http://healthsciences.ku.dk/
- M.Sc. one year in Biology/ Microbiology from Faculty of Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. http://www.science.ku.dk/english/
- M.Sc. full degree in Parasitology from Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. http://healthsciences.ku.dk/
- B.V.M. and S. from College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Mosul and Duhok, Iraq. http://web.uod.ac/ac/c/cvm/
- PostDoc at Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Internship at Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut, Federal Research Institute for Animal Health, Greifswald - Insel Riems, Germany during my Ph.D. study.
- Research assistant at Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Teaching and supervisor for Bachelor and M.Sc. students in fish immunology and vaccinology, fish bacteriology and parasitology at Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
1. Innate and Adaptive - Immunity: Host Pathogen interactions 2. Practical course in cellular immunology
3. Fish Immunology/Vaccination Workshop 4. Diagnosis and Control of Fish Diseases
5. Basic flow cytometry and cell sorting 6. Advanced Methods in Microscopy
7. Academic Writing 8. Academic literacies: Writing in the Disciplines
9. Introduction to University Pedagogy
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience
- Being mentor for several Bachelor and M.Sc. students.
- Teaching of fish bacteriology, parasitology, immunology and vaccinology.
- Master of establishing and designing/executing in vivo and in vitro experiments for conducting complex research projects, microbial identification and classification, isolating and maintaining cultures of microorganisms.
- Master of different immunochemical and molecular techniques including: Immunohistochemistry, ELISA, In Situ Hybridization, Flow cytometry, Q-PCR, PCR, DGGE, Gene expression analysis, cloning and sequencing.
- Master of different immunization strategies assisted by multidisciplinary project groups, assay development and method validation.
- Maintained laboratory integrity and quality by introducing and enforcing mandatory weekly cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a good understanding of and respect for cultural differences and the capacity to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Affiliated with Danish Fish Immunology Research Centre and Network (DAFINET) http://www.dafinet.dk/
- Member of the International Student Mentor Program (ISMP) at Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen (2011-2017) http://www.science.ku.dk/mentor ‘the program was winner of the International Study Environment Award and I been selected to receive the award on behalf of the program in 2015’ http://international.ku.dk/newsletter/2015/award-to-ismp/
- Member of Karate club Kyokushinkai Copenhagen http://www.karateklub.com/
1) Kurt Buchmann 2) Per Walter Kania
Professor Associate Professor
University of Copenhagen University of Copenhagen
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
Mobile: +45 23983065 Mobile: +45 93565317
Friedrich Loeffler Institute, Greifswald - Insel Riems, Germany
Institute of Infectology (IMED)
Mobile: +49 38351 7-1175/-1105
Personal Profiles Rezkar M. Jaafar