Morten Ebbe Juul Nielsen
CV Morten Ebbe Juul Nielsen
Morten Ebbe Juul Nielsen, (born 1968), cand. phil,, PhD, associate professor in applied philosophy, Department of Media, Cognition, and Communication (MEF) Faculty of the Humanities and Department of Food and Resource Economics (IFRO), Faculty of Science,
University of Copenhagen (Denmark).
Work Address: IFRO, Rolighedsvej 25, DK-1958 Frederiksberg
Tel: +45 20 93 02 54; e-mail: email@example.com
Private address: Frederiksvej 38 st th 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark.
Cand. phil Copenhagen University 1999.
Ph.D. (philosophy) Copenhagen University 2004.
Current and most recent positions held
- Associate Professor in applied philosophy, Department of Media, Cognition, and Communication (MEF) Faculty of the Humanities (since 2014)
- From 2009-2014 various post doc positions at Department of Media, Cognition and Communication and at Department of Food and Resource Economics, Copenhagen University: CESEM (Center for the Studies of Equality and Multiculturalism), UNIK – Food, Pharma and Fitness and the 2016-projects Go – Governing Obesity and Local Genes, Local Concerns
- Referee for the journals Journal of Philosophy and Medicine; Res Publica; Philosophical Papers; Journal of Public Health Ethics; Synthese and others.
- BA in psychology, Roskilde University (1997)
- Copenhagen University’s Gold Medal Award for MA thesis, 1999
Other scientific qualifications
Academic awards and honours
- . Extensive experience with and education in project management, especially in a cross-disciplinary context
scientific focus areas
Philosophy and health; legitimacy, especially in liberal political theory; responsibility; applied philosophy.
- Member of several international networks: association for Applied Philosophy (hosts their annual conference in Copenhagen summer 2017); Nordic Network for Political Philosophy and others. Have worked with several international anthologies both as editor and contributor.
Supervision of students
Co-supervision of Ph.D. student, 2016-project Global Genes, Local Concerns. Several MA-theses.
Knowledge of languages
Danish and english