Marlene Ringgaard Lorensen
Associate Professor / Head of Studies
Karen Blixens Plads 16, 2300 København S
2020 - Interim Head of Studies at the Faculty of Theology, University of Copenhagen.
2018 - Associate Professor in Practical Theology, Faculty of Theology, University of Copenhagen.
2013 - 2018: Professor in Practical Theology with special obligations in the field of homiletics, Faculty of Theology, University of Copenhagen.
2012 - 2013: Visiting Scholar, Duke University Divinity School, Preceptor in MA course: Introduction to Christian Preaching.
Sept-Oct. 2012: Research Assistant, Faculty of Theology, University Of Copenhagen.
Feb.-June 2012: External lecturer at the Department of Systematic Theology, University of Copenhagen teaching.
2006- June 2012: Ph.D. fellow at the Department of Systematic Theology, University of Copenhagen. Financed by the Danish Research Council for Culture and Communication.
- 2006- June 2012: Ph.D. fellow at the Department of Systematic Theology, University of Copenhagen.
- 2000 - June 2005: Candidata theologiae, University of Copenhagen.
- 1997 - June 2000: Bachelor in Theology, University of Copenhagen.
- 1992-1995: Upper secondary school leaving examination, Fredericia Gymnasium.
- 2002-2003: Vanderbilt University Divinity School, Nashville, Tennesse.
- 1995-1996: l'Université de la Sorbonne Paris. Cours de langue et de civilisation francaises.
- 1991-1992: Millbrook Highschool, New York. Rotary exchange student.
Academical posts and activities
- Member of the board of Societas Homiletica
- Co-editor of the International Journal of Homiletics.
- Head of continuing and further education at Faculty of Theology, University of Copenhagen.
- 2009-2011: Elect Member of the Executive Committee of the American Academy of Homiletics.
- Co-planning and facilitating the Academy of Homiletics’ Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas, Dec. 1st-3rd 2011.
- Co-planning and facilitating the Academy of Homiletics’ Annual Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia, Nov. 18th-20th 2010 (in affiliation with the Society of Biblical Literature).
- 2011- 2013: Member of the redaction group at Religionspædagogisk Forlag (RPF),Frederiksberg
- 2011: Co-planning seminar on “The Theology of Preaching” at Copenhagen University, Oct. 5th-6th.
- 2008: Co-planning and facilitating the Societas Homiletica’s bi-annual conference in Copenhagen, June 2008.
Conference paper presentations
- Listening to the Voices. Refugees as Co-authors of Practical Theology" Keynote lecture at the British and Irish Association of Practical Theology's Conferencen in collaboration with Ass. Prof. Gitte Buch-Hansen July 13th 2017.
- "Paradoxical Hope in the Promise of Preaching" Keynote lecture at Societas Homiletica Bi-annual conference, Stellenbosch, Southafrica. March 16th. 2016.
- “Touched by the Words – Corporeality and Liturgical Practices in the Johannine Jesus’ Speeches. A polyphonic performance for three voices”
Joint presentation in collaboration with Professor Bent Flemming Nielsen and Professor Gitte Buch-Hansen at the session: Biblical Interpretation and Pastoral Theology at the Society of Biblical Literature Conference in Chicago, IL. Nov.17th 2012.
- “The ‘Word of God’ in Carnivalized Preaching - Reconsidering the Call to Preaching from a Bakhtinian Perspective”. In: Papers of the Academy of Homiletics 44th. Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA., Nov. 2010.
- “Preaching as Dialogical Monologue: In Conversation with Mikhail M. Bakhtin and Otherwise Homiletics”. In: Papers of the Academy of Homiletics 43th. Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, Dec. 2009.
- “In Search of Preaching – Does Scripture Make a Difference? - Homiletics in the Tension Field between Orality and Literacy”. In: Working Papers of the Societas Homiletica’s bi-annual meeting, København, June 2008.
- “How the Word becomes Flesh and Dwells among Us: A ‘New Homiletic’ approach to
‘Advent Analogy’” In: Papers of the Academy of Homiletics 39th. Annual Meeting, Memphis, TN, Dec. 2004.
- English: Level A
- French: Level A
- German: Level B
- Latin: Level A
- Greek: Level A
- Hebrew: Level C
Born March 2nd 1975 in Fredericia. Married with Peter Lorensen. Mother of Lukas, Freja and Markus.