PhD, February 2015, Novo Nordisk A/S and University of Copenhagen
MSc in Veterinary Medicine (DVM), August 2011, University of Copenhagen
Mathematical high school graduate, June 2004, Virum Gymnasium
Jan 2019 - current: Postdoc at Comparative Pediatric and Nutrition, Department of Veterinary and Animal Science
- In vivo studies– evaluating the role of growth factors in a pig model of premature infants including stable work, study planning and analysis / interpretation of achieved data.
- Laboratory work– performing immunological in vitro techniques i.e.multicolor flow cytometry, histopathological analyses, immunohistochemistry, and QPCR
May 2015 - Nov. 2018: Compliance Consultant at Epista Life Science.
Projects at CMC Development and Biopharm (Via ITCO), Novo Nordisk A/S
- Validation activities - testing and qualification of computerized systems used in the GMP-regulated area for manufacturing drugs for clinical trials.
- Quality and compliance – ensure that production/laboratory systems and related documentation comply with regulatory requirements and NN QMS
- Data integrity – ensure data flow optimization and FDA CFR 21 part 11 compliance.
- Documentation- preparation of validation deliverables like risk assessment, user requirement specification, validation plan/report, test protocols/reports.
- O&M process: Establish Operation and Maintenance Processes and write Unit instructions
April 2017- March 2018: Maternity Leave
Nov. 2014 – April 2015: Scientific assistant at University of Southern Denmark/Hospital of Southern Jutland. The Institute of Regional Health Research, Center Sønderjylland
- In vivo studies- establishment of an experimental mouse model of colitis with a humanized gut microbiota, including handling, injections, blood sampling, disease assessment, and necropsy.
- Laboratory work- DNA extraction and analysis of material from inflammatory bowel disease patients.
- Teaching- practical and theoretical courses in laboratory animal science for Bachelor-, Master- and PhD students.
- Project management- coordinating and planning research project between University of Southern Denmark, University of Copenhagen and the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research.
Sep. 2011 –Oct. 2014: PhD student at the Novo Nordisk – LIFE In Vivo Pharmacology Centre (LIFEPHARM). Dept. of Immunopharmacology, Novo Nordisk A/S and Dept. of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
PhD project entitled Piroxicam-accelerated colitis in interleukin-10 knockout mice; an in vivo model mimicking human inflammatory bowel disease.
- In vivo studies– implementation and characterization of experimental mouse models of colitis and preclinical drug screening, including stable work, colonoscopy on mice, study planning and analysis / interpretation of achieved data.
- Laboratory work– performing immunological in vitro techniques i.e.ELISA, Bio-Plex, multicolor flow cytometry, histopathological analyses, immunohistochemistry, and cell stimulation assay.
- Paper publications/conferences- scientific dissemination in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences.
- Teaching and supervision- teacher and censor at University of Copenhagen and Novo Nordisk, and supervising laboratory technician trainees in practical experimental work and during their final project.
- Statistical analyses- performing correct parametric or non-parametric statistical analyses on collected dataset for publishing.
- Presentation– oral and poster presentation at several science/research days, as well as academic and project meetings at Novo Nordisk A/S and University of Copenhagen.
Sep. 2013- Dec. 2013: Academic Visitor at the University of Oxford.
Nuffield Department of Medicine, Translational Gastroenterology Unit, Powrie Laboratory.
- In vivo studies- preclinical testing of a new Novo compound in a mouse model of chronic colitis.
- Laboratory work- qPCR analyses, intracellular FACS analyses, single cell preparationfrom lamina propria lymphocytes/spleen/lymph node.
- Bacterial culturing- of sp. Helicobacter Hepaticus
- Study report- preparation and approval.
Summer 2010: Internship at University of Liverpool
Small Animal Teaching Hospital.
- Common veterinary work- diagnose and treat medical conditions of presented animal patients.
- Writing medical journals.
- Interviewing and communicating with clients/owners.
Summer 2009+ spring 2010: Veterinary nurse substitute at Gentofte Dyreklinik.
- Assisting with the treatment and care taking of sick animals.
- Performing explanatory laboratory tests, like blood, urine, and fecal analyses.
- Answering the phone, appointment booking and general services for the clients.
1998- 2006: Lyngby Swimming club
I started as a competitive swimmer in 1998 and became a coach for different kinds of swimming teams with children, adults, families and non-ethnic Danish women.
Other scientific skills
Poster and oral presentation; I have presented at several scientific congresses and academic meetings, incl.:
- Digestive Disease Week, Chicago 2014
- Congress of the European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation (ECCO), Barcelona 2012/Vienna 2013
- European Medicines Research Training Network (EMTRAIN) PhD Workshop, Stevenage (GSK) 2013
- European Congress of Immunology, Glasgow 2012.
- Data Integrity. Requirement for a GMP-compliant Data Life Cycle. European Compliance Academy
- The 3-year In Vivo Pharmacology Research Training Programme. Faculty of Health and Medical sciences, University of Copenhagen as a collaboration with the pharmaceutical industry
- In Vivo Pharmacology - Biologic variation, reproducibility and predictability in preclinical drug testing in lab. animals. Faculty of Health and Medical sciences, University of Copenhagen
- Practical course in cellular immunology. Faculty of Health and Medical sciences, University of Copenhagen
- Statistics for Veterinarians. Faculty of Health and Medical sciences, University of Copenhagen
- Laboratory Animal Science - Cat. C Course. Faculty of Health and Medical sciences, University of Copenhagen.
- Home Office, ANIMALS (SCIENTIFIC PROCEDURES) ACT 1986, personal licence, UK Government.
Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook etc.)
Language skills; Danish is native and English is fluent (written and spoken).
Academic awards and honours:
- Runner-up, Best poster presentation, IVP annual meeting, Marts 2014.
- SHARE Young Scientist Research Award for outstanding achievement poster presentation, November 2011.
- Thomas Lindebo Holm, PhD, Specialist in Pharmacology, Novo Nordisk A/S.
Novo Nordisk Park, DK-2760, Måløv, THLH@novonordisk.com
- Arne Tue Lehmann, Senior Project Manager, at CMC Business & IT Support, Novo Nordisk A/S, Smørmosevej 17-19, DK-2880, Bagsværd, ARNC@novonordisk.com
- Axel Kornerup Hansen, Professor, Dept. Of Veterinary Disease Biology, University of Copenhagen, Thorvaldsensvej 57, DK-1870, Frederiksberg, firstname.lastname@example.org