Faculty of Law Research Centres - allocation
Karen Blixens Plads 16, 2300 København S, Søndre Campus, Building: 6A.4.05
Professor of Criminal Law
Criminal Law and criminal procedural law, sentencing and criminal sanctions, youthful offenders, international criminal law, EU criminal law, antiterrorism legislation, extradition law and the European Arrest Warrant, law enforcement, psychiatry and Law, medical aid in dying.
A number of PhD-students has recently completed their PhD-thesis under the supervision of Professor Vestergaard.
- Miriam Cullen: Competing Imperatives: The United Nations Security Council and International Justice. Completed 2017.
- Sabba Mirza: Æresrelaterede forbrydelser. Påbegyndt 2012.
- Niéves Molina Clemente: Rehabilitation of victims under international criminal law. Terminated.
- Jakob Schiøler: Fuldbyrdelse af fængselsstraf. Completed 2011.
- Louise Victoria Johansen: Straffesagers forløb i lyset af tiltaltes sociale og personlige baggrund. Completed 2012.
- Artur Appazov: Vidners retsstilling ved internationale straffedomstole. Completed 2014.
- Iryna Marchuk: Criminal Intent in International Criminal Law. Completed 2011.
- Anders Henriksen: Den internationale 'krig mod terrorisme'. Completed 2007.
- Peter Vedel Kessing: Terrorisme og internationale menneskerettigheder. Completed 2008.
- Trine Baumbach: Det strafferetlige legalitetsprincip. Completed 2008.
Participation in academic research networks
- Head of the Faculty's research group International Crime and Criminal Law Research (iCrim)
- National contactpoint for European Criminal Law Academic Network, ECLAN. Member of the network's management committee.
- National representative in International Association for Penal Law, AIDP.
- Participant in various experts' meetings om cooperation in criminal matters by invitation of the Commission
- National correspondent in a research project on corruption in public procurement in EU, awarded by the Commission
- National correspondent in a research project on illicit drug trafficking in EU, awarded by the Commission
- National correspondent in a research project on criminal responsibility for legal persons, awarded by tje Commission
- National correspondent in a research project on freedom, justice and security in EU, initiated by F.I.D.E.
- National correspondent in a research project on judicial cooperation in the EU, awarded by the Commission
- National correspondent in a research project on mutual recognition in criminal matters, awarded by the Commission
- National correspondent for European Arrest Warrant Projekt, Eurowarrant
- National correspondent for Project on the European Arrest Warrant, Kraków Jagiellonian University, Chair for Criminal Procedure, Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, Poland
- National focal point for International Police Executive Symposium
- Member of review board for DIIS's Studies in Terrorism and Counterterrorism, Danish Institute for International Studies
2015- : Member of the management board for The Danish Institute for Human Rights
2013- : Member of the manegement board for Domstolsstyrelsen
2009- : Member of Center for Retssikkerhed, Advokatrådet
1980: Visiting Scholar, American Council of Learned Societies. Affiliated with Center for the Study of Law and Society, UCLA Berkeley, January-August 1980
1979: Visiting Scholar, American Council of Learned Societies. Affiliated with New York University School of Law, September-December 1979.
Professor of Criminal Law