Jesper Lau Hansen
Center for Market and Economic Law
Karen Blixens Plads 16
2300 København S
2001: Doctor Juris (Dr. Jur.), University of Copenhagen
1993: Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Cambridge
1992: Advokat (lawyer), admitted to the bar of the Court of Appeal
1989: Candidatus Juris (Cand. Jur.), University of Copenhagen
2003-: Professor of Financial Markets Law (full tenure)
2001-03: Associate Professor
1999-2001: Assistant Professor
1995-99: Research fellow, University of Copenhagen
1989-1995: Kromann & Münter, law firm, Copenhagen
- The Nordic Network for Company Law
- The Nordic Corporate Governance Network
- The Danish Corporate Governance Association
- The Danish Association for Company Law
- The Danish Association for Arbitration
- European Forum on Securities Regulation
- International Corporate Governance Society
- International Academy of Comparative Law
- The Association Norden
- Kredsen Mars og Mercur
- The Law Society
Appointments and positions:
- Member of the Rector's Selection Committee, Crown Princess Mary's Scholarship (2004-)
- Member from the Faculty of Law of Rector's Researchers Panel, an advisory group serving Rector at the UCPH (2020-2023)
- Member, Commission's Informal Company Law Expert Group (ICLEG 2014-19), reappointed (2020-).
- Member, Academic Committee, European Capital Markets Institute (ECMI), (2017-)
- Member, Academic Council, Stockholm Centre for Commercial Law (SCCL), University of Stockholm (2021-).
- Member of the board of the Danish Association for Company Law (2012-)
- Member, Executive Committee of the Danish Committee of the Int. Academy of Comparative Law
- Director or chairman of the board in several mutual funds (UCITS and AIF) connected to the financial group Nykredit.
- Member of the board of NASDAQ OMX Nordic Foundations, Sweden (2011-)
- Member and presently Vice-Chairman, CEPOS (a think-tank) (2003-)
- Member, VL group 12 (2012-), Chair (2018)
- Member of the editing committee, Juridisk Formularbog (DJØF Publishers), a survey of Danish laws (2004-)
- Editorial Committee, Nordisk Tidsskrift for Selskabsret (Nordic J. of Corporate Law) (2009-)
- Editorial Committee, FinansInvest (2014-)
- Managing editor, European Company and Financial Law Review (2019-)
- Arbitration in various cases, appointed by the Danish Institute of Arbitration
- Chairman, Rector's Election Committee, U. of Copenhagen (2011-22)
- Academic member of ESMA's Stakeholder Group (2011-13). Reappointed and elected chair (2013-16).
- Member of the Danish FSA committee on the education of directors in financial undertakings (independt expert) (2015-16).
- Member of the public Committee on regulation of SIFIs (independent expert), 2012-13.
- Member of the public Committee to Modernise Danish Company Law (independent expert), 2006-08
- Member of the public Committee on the ban on insider dealing (independent expert), 2005-10
- Member of the Reflection Group on the future of EU company law, expert committee appointed by the European Commission (2010-11)
- Member and later chairman of the board, Nordisk Kollegium (a college), 2002-2010.
- Editorial board, Journal of Corporate Law Studies (2005-2014).
- The Danish Management Society, VL 12 (2012-22).
Knowledge of languages
- Danish and English.
- Understands Norwegian and Swedish.
Lawyer, Doctor Juris