Introductory remarks on publicationslist
Ph.D. Study: Solitary bees and bumblebees in a Danish agricultural landscape - See Google Scholar link in right-hand menu.
In my Ph. D. project I studied and clarified several aspects of the ecology and biology of solitary bees and bumblebees occurring in the fragmented semi-natural habitats of a Danish agricultural landscape:
- Behavioural adaptations in a solitary bee species, to reduce parasitism from a nest parasite.
- Foraging- and nesting conditions for wild bees in hedgerows, forest edges, field- borders and other linear and areal habitats.
- Seasonal activity and succession of bee species.
- Species richness and relative abundance, including estimation of the actual number of species occurring in the agricultural landscape.
- Dispersal patterns in a winter oilseed rape field, importance of bees in pollination and potential competition from honeybees.
Supervisor at the Biological Institute, University of Copenhagen: Associate Professor Mikael Münster-Swendsen (deceased).
- PublishedCalabuig, Isabel & Madsen, Henning Bang, 2009, In: Entomologiske Meddelelser. 77, 2, p. 83-113 31 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Journal article › Research › peer-review