Carsten Nico Portefée Hjortsø
Rolighedsvej 23, 1958 Frederiksberg C
Education MSc in Forestry, 1997, PhD (Natural resource management), both at the Centre of Forest and Landscape, LIFE, University of Copenhagen.Employment Associate professor at the Unit of Production, Trade and Policy, at the Institute of Food and Resource Economics, LIFE, University of Copenhagen since May 2007. Associate professor Centre of Forest and Landscape, LIFE University of Copenhagen from November 2006 to May 2007. International coordinator of the Danida funded Research Capacity Enhancement project 'Forest Management in the Tropical lowland of Bolivia' (FOMABO) from March 2004 to June 2011. Assistant Professor at the Unit of Forestry, Centre of Forest and Landscape, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University from August 2002 to November 2006. External assignments and consultancy Co-organizer and teacher on courses in Stakeholder Analysis and Public Participation (Malaysia), Natural Resource Management, Project Management, and Systems Thinking (Vietnam), project evaluation workshop (Nepal, Tanzania). National Component Coordinator of the DK-Malaysia Capacity-building and research twinning project: Multipurpose Forestry in a Changing Society. Research interests Institutional theory, entrepreneurship, innovation, business development, business incubation, capacity building and curriculum development.
- Hjortsø, C. N., and H. Meilby, 2013. Balancing research and organizational capacity building in front-end project design: Experiences from Danida’s ENRECA programme. Public Administration and Development 33(3): 205-220.
- Oumer, A.M., C.N. Hjortsø and A. de Neergaard, 2013. Understanding the relationship between livelihood strategy and soil management: empirical insights from the central highlands of Ethiopia. Food Security 5 (2): 143-156.
- Thai ,T.M. and C.N. Hjortsø, 2014. How institutions influence SME innovation and networking practices: the case of Vietnamese agribusiness. Forthcoming in Journal of Small Business Management
- Tavella, E. and C.N. Hjortsø, 2012. Enhancing the Design and Management of a Local Organic Food Supply Chain with Soft Systems Methodology. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review 15 (2): 47-68.
- Hjortsø, C.N., 2010. Project management in research capacity building projects - a review of management experiences, challenges, and opportunities in ENRECA projects. Danish Development Research Network, Copenhagen.
- Christensen, S.M., P. Tarp, and C.N. Hjortsø 2008. Mangrove forest management planning in coastal buffer and conservation zones, Vietnam: A multimethodological approach incorporating multiple stakeholders. Ocean & Coastal Management 51: 712-726.
- Hjortsø, C.N., S. Stræde and F. Helles, 2006. Applying Multi-Criteria Decision-Making to Protected Areas and Buffer Zone Management: a Case Study in the Royal Chitwan National Park, Nepal. Journal of Forest Economics 12: 91-108.
- Hjortsø, C.N., S.M. Christensen, and P. Tarp, 2005. Rapid Stakeholder and Conflict Assessment for Natural Resource Management using Cognitive Mapping: The Case of Damdoi Forest Enterprise, Vietnam. Agriculture and Human Values 22: 149-167.