Øster Voldgade 3, 1350 København K
Didactics of Mathematics
Projects I have been involved with:
2020-2023: Project member in TIME (Erasmus+ funded developmental project). https://time-project.eu/
2019-2021: PI in the research project SIGMA (funded by the Lundbeck Foundation). https://www.ind.ku.dk/projekter/sigma/
2017-2019 : Project member in MERIA (Erasmus+ funded developmental project). https://meria-project.eu/
2017: Project coordinator, ABaCus (collaboration with Tibalo Aps, funded by Ministry of Education, foundation for developent of digital learning ressources, resources for lower secondary mathematics).
2015-2017: Project coordinator in The MathBridge project (Funded by the A.P Møller foundation). http://www.ind.ku.dk/publikationer/inds_skriftserie/nr.-492017-matematikbroen/
2015 Project coordinator of the status and evaluation report on upper secondary mathematics education in Denmark. The report was funded by the Ministry of Education. http://www.ind.ku.dk/publikationer/inds_skriftserie/2015-42/
2014: Assisting researcher in a project funded by the Ministry of education on transition issues. http://www.ind.ku.dk/publikationer/inds_skriftserie/2014-37/
Primary fields of research
In my research I work with:
- The Anthropological Theory of the Didactics
- Inquiry Based Mathematics Education as Study and Research Paths
- Constriants and Conditions for teaching mathematics (ecological analyses)
- Theory of Didactic Situations
- Mathematical Modelling
- Professional Development and Lesson Study
My research concerns the development of teaching practices in upper secondary mathematics education. My particular interest is didactics of mathematics as design research, didactical engineering, which means the design and realisation of teaching, including qualitative analyses of the outcomes of the designs. The theoretical framework of my work is the Anthropological Theory of the Didactics (ATD). My main research interest is the development of the design tool "Study and Research Paths" (SRP) and how students develop mathematical knowledge and comptences when engaging in SRPs, e.g. SRPs on mathematical modelling. Furthermore, ATD provides me with notions to study the constraints and conditions of upper secondary mathematics education.
Parts of my work draws on elements from the Theory of Didactic Situations (TDS) and different approaches to modelling. Recently, I have been drawing on Lesson Study as the framework to engage teachers in professional development and more specificly in exploring SRP's in their own teaching. Parts of my work has adressed lower secondary mathematics education and the transition from lower to upper secondary mathematics.
PhD course on Content Analysis in Mathematics and Science Education - Course responsible and held lecture
Introduction to Science Education (DidG) - teaching the mathematicians, held lectures, course responsible (2016)
Introduction to University Pedagogy (IUP) - Exercises and lectures
Advanced course on Didactics of mathematics (DidMatV)- held lectures, exercise classes and supervised exam projects
Master theses (co-supervised), bachelor projekts (supervise)
Course responsible for "Matematics in change - get stated with the reform" (MiF). In- service course offered in collaboration with the association of upper secondary mathematics teachers (2017-2019).
Member of the mathematics group in Practicum for Upper Secondary Teachers (Gymnasiepædagogikum) and teaches didactics of mathematics to first year in-service teachers in mathematics (2019 - ).
- PublishedJessen, Britta Eyrich, 2020, Proceedings of the Eleventh Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education.. Jankvist, U. T., Van den Heuvel-Panhuizen, M. & Veldhuis, M. (eds.). Freudenthal Group & Freudenthal Institute, Utrecht University, Netherlands, p. 1182-1189
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Article in proceedings › Research › peer-review
- PublishedJessen, Britta Eyrich, Otaki, K., Miyakawa, T., Hamanaka, H., Mizoguchi, T., Shinno, Y. & Winsløw, Carl, 2019, Working with the Anthropological Theory of the Didactic in Mathematics Education: A comprehensive casebook. Bosch, M., Chevallard, Y., Garcia, F. J. & Monaghan, J. (eds.). Routledge, p. 118-138 21 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Book chapter › Research › peer-review
- PublishedJessen, Britta Eyrich, Axelsen, J. & Winsløw, Carl, 2019, Matematiklærerforeningen. 118 p.
Research output: Book/Report › Book › Education
- PublishedJessen, Britta Eyrich, 2017, In : Recherches en Didactique des Mathematiques. 37, (2/3), p. 217-245 2.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Journal article › Research › peer-review
Study and Research Paths at Upper Secondary Mathematics Education: a Praxeological and Explorative studyJessen, Britta Eyrich, 2017, Department of Science Education, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen. 214 p. (IND's Skriftserie).
Research output: Book/Report › Ph.D. thesis › Research