Brian Tate Weinert
07 Bygning 7, Building: 07-12-34
2200 København N.
Primary fields of research
Analysis of proteins and protein posttranslational modifications by quantitative mass spectrometry with a focus on acetylation and other acylations.
Proteome-wide analysis of acetylation dynamics in organisms ranging from bacteria to mice and human cells.
• Proteomics course at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research, University of Copenhagen
• Molecular Mechanisms of Aging and Molecular Immunology at the University of California, Berkeley
• Recipient of an Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor award for creating and teaching an undergraduate seminar course
Fields of interest
• Mass spectrometry
• Posttranslational modifications, aging and lifespan
• DNA repair and recombination, and bioinformatics/data analysis