Primary fields of research
I work on the history of medicine, primarily in the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries.
In my PhD thesis I explored concepts and perceptions of fatness in Western European medicine between 1700 and 1900. As part of that, I also analysed how both historians and contemporary scientists rely on historical narratives when making sense of the notion of an epidemic of fat bodies in current societies.
- History of medicine and science (c. 1700-1900)
- History of disease concepts
- Taxonomies in the history of medicine
- History of the body and theories of corporeality
- History and theory of gender and sexuality
- Fat studies
- History of pediatrics in Denmark