Pharmaceutical Physical and Analytical Chemistry
Universitetsparken 2, 2100 København Ø
- 1998-2002 Ph.D. student in Applied Chemistry at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Thesis: “Food Grade Microemulsions Based on Nonionic Emulsifiers”.
- 1996-1998 M.Sc. studies in Applied Chemistry at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 1990-1995 B.Sc. studies in Chemical Engineering, Ankara University, Turkey (first class honors).
- 2009-present Associate professor at the Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen. Research Interest: formulation of drug nanocarriers based on lyotropic liquid crystalline particles (cubosomes, hexosomes, micellar cubosomes)
- 2006-2009 Young scientist at the Institute of Biophysics and Nanosystems Research (IBN) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Graz (Austria).
- 2002- 2005 Postdoctoral position at the Chemistry Institute, Karl-Franzens University of Graz (Austria).
- 1999-2000 Research Assistant in Applied Chemistry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Academic Awards and Honors
- Årets Underviser 2011: the teacher of the Year 2011 award from the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (KU). Nomination for this prestigious teaching award by the students.
- Lise-Meitner Fellowship from FWF (the Austrian Science Funds), and Research grant from Nestec (Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland) in 2003-2005 Supervisor functions: I am currently main/co-supervisor of 7 PhD students (6 students at SUND and one student at CDR, University of Helsinki, Finland), and a Master student.
H Index & Citations:
44 (total Citations: > 5100, source Scopus). I‘m listed also in Marquis Who’s Who in the World
Physical Chemistry (lectures and laboratory course). Participation in the Course in Higher Education Teaching (Adjunktpædagogikum 2010, the University of Copenhagen, Denmark).
International Conferences & Invited talks:
at least 60 oral and poster presentations in international meetings. At least 10 invited talks in conferences, and universities
Editorial Board Member
Section Editor-in-Chief: Molecules (IF: 3.06)
For at least 10 prominent journals including Soft Matter, PLoS ONE, and Langmuir. In addition to the evaluation of grant applications for scientific funding bodies in France, Qatar, and Romania.
Publications Refereed Journal Articles:
- G. Bor, J.-H. Lin; K.-Y. Lin, H.-C. Chen, R. Prajnamitra, S. Salentinig, P. Hsieh, S. M. Moghimi, A. Yaghmur, “PEGylation of phosphatidylglycerol/docosahexaenoic acid hexosomes with TPGS-mPEG2000 induces morphological transformation into vesicles with prolonged circulation times”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2022, 14, 48449–48463.
- S. M. Moghimi, H. B. Haroon, A. Yaghmur, D. Simberg, P. N. Trohopoulos, “Nanometer- and Angstrom-scale characteristics that modulate complement responses to nanoparticles”, J. Control. Rel. 2022, 351, 432-443.
- A. Yaghmur, I. Hamad, “Microfluidic nanomaterial synthesis and in situ SAXS, WAXS, or SANS characterization: Manipulation of size characteristics and online elucidation of dynamic structural transitions”, Molecules 2022, 27, 4602.
- N. Mertz, F. Bock, J. Østergaard, A. Yaghmur, S. W. Larsen, “Investigation of diclofenac release and structural behavior of non-lamellar liquid crystal formulations during in situ formation by combining SAXS and UV-Vis imaging”, Int. J. Pharm. 2022, 623, 121880.
- G. Bor, S. Salentinig, E. Şahin, B. N. Ödevci, M. Roursgaard, L. Liccardo, P. Hamerlik, S. M. Moghimi, A. Yaghmur, “Cell medium-dependent dynamic modulation of size and structural transformations of binary phospholipid/w-3 fatty acid liquid crystalline nano-self-assemblies: implications in interpretation of cell uptake studies”, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2022, 606, 464-479.
- L. Ramezanzade, S. F. Hosseini, B. Akbari-Adergani, R. Hasan Sajedi, A. Yaghmur, “Evaluation of bioactive properties of peptide fractions from enzymatic hydrolysis of orangefin ponyfish (Leiognathus bindus)”, JFST 2022, 11, 106-122.
- I. M. Abdulbaqi, R. Abou Assi, A. Yaghmur, Y. Darwis, N. Mohtar, T. Parumasivam, F. G. Saqallah, H. A. Wahab, “Pulmonary delivery of anticancer drugs via lipid-based nanocarriers for the treatment of lung cancers: An update”, Pharmaceuticals 2021, 14, 725.
- L. Ramezanzade, S. F. Hosseini, B. Akbari-Adergani, A. Yaghmur, “Cross-linked chitosan-coated liposomes for encapsulation of fish-derived peptide”, LWT 2021, 150, 112057.
- N. Mertz, A. Yaghmur, J. Østergaard, H. Amenitsch, S. W. Larsen, “Spatially and time-resolved SAXS for monitoring dynamic structural transitions during in situ generation of non-lamellar liquid crystalline phases in biologically relevant media”, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2021, 602, 415-425.
- E. Ilhan-Ayisigi, A. Ghazal, B. Sartori, M. Dimaki, W. E. Svendsen, O. Yesil-Celiktas, A. Yaghmur, “Continuous microfluidic production of citrem-phosphatidylcholine nano-self-assemblies for thymoquinone delivery”, Nanomaterials 2021, 11, 1510.
- E. Ilhan-Ayisigi, B. Yaldiz, G. Bor, A. Yaghmur, O. Yesil-Celiktas, “Advances in microfluidic synthesis and coupling with synchrotron SAXS for continuous production and real-time structural characterization of nano-self-assemblies”, Colloid Surface B 2021, 201, 111633.
- A. Yaghmur, H. Mu, “Recent advances in drug delivery applications of cubosomes, hexosomes, and solid lipid nanoparticles“, Acta Pharm. Sin. B 2021, 11, 871-885.
- M. Gontsarik, A. Yaghmur, S. Salentinig, “Dispersed liquid crystals as pH-adjustable antimicrobial peptide nanocarriers“, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2021, 583, 672-682.
- S. Y. Helvig, L. Woythe, S. Pham, G. Bor , H. Andersen, S. M. Moghimi, A. Yaghmur, ”A structurally diverse library of glycerol monooleate/oleic acid non-lamellar liquid crystalline nanodispersions stabilized with nonionic methoxypoly(ethylene glycol) (mPEG)-lipids showing tunable complement activation properties”, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2021, 582, 906-917.
- A. Yaghmur, M. Rappolt, A. L. Uldall Jonassen, M. Schmitt, S. W. Larsen, “In situ monitoring of the formation of lipidic non-lamellar liquid crystalline depot formulations in synovial fluid”, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2021, 582, 773-781.
- S. Y. Helvig, H. Andersen, M. Antopolsky, A. Airaksinen, A. Urtti, A. Yaghmur, S. M. Moghimi, ”Engineering hexosomes for single-photon emission computed tomography/computed tomography dynamic imaging of regional lymph nodes”, Materialia 2020, 11, 100705.
- A. Yaghmur, B. V. Tran, S. M. Moghimi, “Non-lamellar liquid crystalline nanocarriers for thymoquinone encapsulation”, Molecules 2020, 25, 16.
- A. Yaghmur, S. Lotfi, S. Ariabod, G. Bor, M. Gontsarik, S. Salentinig, “Lamellar and inverse hexagonal liquid crystalline phases during digestion of krill and astaxanthin oil-in-water emulsions”, Front. Bioeng. Biotechnol. 2019, 7, 384.
- R. Prajapati, S. W. Larsen, A. Yaghmur, “Phosphatidylcholine-citrem nano-self-assemblies: Solubilization of bupivacaine and its role in triggering colloidal transition from vesicles to cubosomes and hexosomes”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2019, 21, 15142-15150.
- A. Yaghmur, A. Ghazal, R. Ghazal, M. Dimaki, W. E. Svendsen, ”A Hydrodynamic flow focusing microfluidic device for the continuous production of hexosomes based on docosahexaenoic acid monoglyceride”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2019, 21, 13005-13013.
- R. Prajapati, M. Gontsarik, A. Yaghmur, S. Salentinig, “pH-Responsive nano-self-assemblies based on the anticancer drug 2-hydroxyoleic acid”, Langmuir 2019, 35, 7954-7961.
- N. Mertz, J. Østergaard, A. Yaghmur, S. W. Larsen “Transport characteristics in a novel in vitro release model for testing the performance of intra-articular injectables”, Int. J. Pharm. 2019, 566, 445-453.
- S.M. Moghimi, D. Simberg, T. Skotland, A. Yaghmur, C. Hunter, ”The interplay between blood proteins, complement, and macrophages on nanomedicine performance and responses”, J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 2019, 370, 581–592.
- M. Gontsarik, A. Yaghmur, Q. Ren, K. Maniura-Weber, S. Salentinig, “From structure to function: pH-Switchable antimicrobial nano-self-assemblies”. ACS Appl. Mater. Interface 2019, 11, 2821–2829.
- G. Bor, I. D. M. Azmi, A. Yaghmur, “Nanomedicines for cancer therapy: Current status, challenges, and future Prospects”. Ther. Deliv. 2019, 10, 113-132.
- X. Shao, S. Al-Hosayni, G. Bor, S. Salentinig, A. Yaghmur, “Structural characterization of self-assemblies of new omega-3 lipids: Docosahexaenoic acid and docosapentaenoic acid monoglycerides”. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2018, 20, 23928–23941.
- R. Prajapati, S. Salentinig, A. Yaghmur, “Temperature triggering of kinetically trapped self-assemblies in citrem-phospholipid nanoparticles”, Chem. Phys. Lipids 2018, 216, 30–38.
- I. D. M. Azmi, J. Østergaard, S. Stürup, B. Gammelgaard, A. Urtti, S. M. Moghimi, A. Yaghmur, “Cisplatin encapsulation generates morphologically different multi-compartments in the internal nanostructures of non-lamellar liquid crystalline self-assemblies”, Langmuir 2018, 34, 6570–6581.
- M. Gontsarik, M. Mohammadtaheri, A. Yaghmur, S. Salentinig, “pH-Triggered nanostructural transformations in antimicrobial peptide/oleic acid self-assemblies”, Biomater. Sci. 2018, 6, 803-812.
- A. Yaghmur, S. Al-Hosayni, H. Amenitsch, S. Salentinig, “Structural investigation of bulk and dispersed inverse lyotropic hexagonal liquid crystalline phases of eicosapentaenoic acid monoglyceride”, Langmuir 2017, 33, 14045–14057.
- K. Khaliqi, A. Ghazal, I. D. M. Azmi, H. Amenitsch, K. Mortensen, S. Salentinig and A. Yaghmur, “Direct monitoring of lipid transfer on exposure of citrem nanoparticles to an ethanol solution containing soybean phospholipid by combining synchrotron SAXS with microfluidics”, Analyst 2017, 142, 3118-3126.
- S. Salentinig, H. Amenitsch, A. Yaghmur, “In-situ monitoring of colloidal transformations in mayonnaise during lipid digestion”. ACS Omega 2017, 2, 1441-1446.
- R. S. Kallerup, H. Franzyk, M. L. Schiøth, B. Martin-Berthelsen, F. Rose, D. Christensen, K. S. Korsholm, A. Yaghmur, C. Foged, “Biophysical characterization of neat immunopotentiating synthetic mycobacterial cord factor analogues and in binary dispersions with DDA: Effects of acyl chain length, degree of acylation and headgroup modification“. Mol. Pharmaceutics, 2017, 14, pp 2294–2306.
- A. Ghazal, M. Gontsarik, J. Kutter, J. Lafleur, D. Ahmadvand, A. Labrador, A. Yaghmur, "Microfluidic platform for the continuous production and characterization of multilamellar vesicles: A synchrotron small-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) study". J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2017, 8, 73-79.
- B. Martin-Bertelsen, J. J. K. Kirkensgaard, H. Franzyk, A. Yaghmur, C. Foged, “Conserved molecular superlattices in a series of homologous synthetic mycobacterial cell-wall lipids forming interdigitated bilayers“. Langmuir 2016, 32,pp 12693–12701.
- C. V. Kulkarni, A. Yaghmur, M. Steinhart, M. Kriechbaum, M. Rappolt “Effect of high pressure on internally self-assembled lipid nanoparticles: A synchrotron small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) study”, Langmuir 2016, 32, 11907−11917.
- A. Ghazal, M. Gontsarik, J. Kutter, J. Lafleur, A. Labrador, K. Mortensen, A. Yaghmur, “Direct monitoring of calcium-triggered phase transitions in cubosomes using SAXS combined with microfluidics“, J. Appl. Cryst. 2016, 49, 2005-2014.
- M. Gontsarik, M. T. Buhmann, A. Yaghmur, Q. Ren; K. Maniura-Weber, S. Salentinig, "Antimicrobial peptide driven colloidal transformations in liquid crystalline nanocarriers", J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2016, 7, 3482–3486.
- I. D. M. Azmi, P. P. Wibroe, L-P Lu, A. I. Kazem, H. Amentisch, S. M. Moghimi, A. Yaghmur, “A Structurally diverse library of safe-by-design citrem-phospholipid lamellar and non-lamellar liquid crystalline nano-assemblies”, J. Control. Rel. 2016, 239, 1–9.
- M. D. Chatzidaki, S. Alexandraki, E.Tsirvouli, Z. Chakim, K. Papadimitriou, K. Mortensen, A. Yaghmur, V. Papadimitriou, E. Tsakalidou, A. Xenakis, “Effect of alcohol on microemulsions used as carriers of nisin for antimicrobial protection: A structural and efficacy study“, Langmuir 2016, 32, 8988−8998.
- B. Martin-Bertelsen, K. S. Korsholm, C. B. R. Roces, M. H. Nielsen, D. Christensen, H. Franzyk, A. Yaghmur, C. Foged, “Nano-Self-Assemblies Based on Synthetic Analogues of Mycobacterial Monomycoloyl Glycerol and DDA: Supramolecular Structure and Adjuvant Efficacy“, Mol. Pharm. 2016, 13, 2771–2781.
- J. Xiaona, C. Foged , B. Martin-Bertelsen , A. Yaghmur, M. Malmsten, L. Jorgensen, H. Franzyk, H. M. Nielsen, “Delivering siRNA with Palmitoylated α-Peptide/β-Peptoid Cell-Penetrating Peptidomimetics: Membrane Interaction and Structural Characterization of a Lipid-Based Nanocarrier System“, Mol. Pharm. 2016,13, 1739–1749.
- F. Ye, S. Baldursdottir, S. Hvidt, H. Jensen, S. Larsen, A. Yaghmur, C. Larsen, J. Østergaard, "Role of Electrostatic Interactions on Diffusivity of Drug-Like Molecules in Chondroitin Sulfate and Hyaluronic Acid Containing Hydrogel-Based Articular Cartilage Mimics with Implications for Drug Delivery", Mol. Pharm. 2016,13, 819–828.
- P. P. Wibroe, D. Ahmadvand, M. A. Oghabian; A. Yaghmur; S. M. Moghimi, “An Integrated Assessment of Morphology, Size, and Complement Activation of the PEGylated Liposomal Doxorubicin Products Doxil®, Caelyx®, DOXOrubicin, and SinaDoxosome“, J. Control. Rel. 2016, 221, 1–8.
- I. D. M. Azmi, S. M. Moghimi, A. Yaghmur, “Cubosomes and hexosomes as versatile platforms for drug delivery“, Ther. Deliv. 2015, 6,1347-1364.
- P. P. Wibroe, I. D. M. Azmi, C. Nilsson, A. Yaghmur, S. M. Moghimi, “Citrem Modulates Internal Nanostructure of Glyceryl Monooleate Dispersions and Bypasses Complement Activation: Towards Development of Safe Tunable Intravenous Lipid Nanocarriers“, Nanomedicine 2015, 11, 1909-1914.
- S. Helvig, I. D. M. Azmi, S. M. Moghimi, A. Yaghmur, “Recent advances in cryo-TEM imaging of soft lipidic nanoparticles”, AIMS Biophysics 2015, 2, 116-130.
- M. Chatzidaki, E. Mitsou, A. Yaghmur, A. Xenakis, V. Papadimitriou, “Food-grade microemulsions as carriers of natural phenolic antioxidants“, Colloids Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 2015, 483, 130–136.
- I. D. M. Azmi, L. Wu, P. P. Wibroe, C. Nilsson, J. Østergaard, S. Stürup, B. Gammelgaard, A. Urtti, S. M. Moghimi, A. Yaghmur, “Modulatory effect of human plasma on the internal nanostructure and size characteristics of liquid crystalline nanocarriers”, Langmuir 2015, 31, 5042–5049.
- S. Colombo, D. Cun, K. Remaut, M. Bunker, J. Zhang, B. Martin-Bertelsen, A. Yaghmur, K. Braekmans, H. M. Nielsen, C. Foged “Mechanistic profiling of the siRNA delivery dynamics of lipid–polymer hybrid nanoparticles”, J Control. Rel. 2015, 201, 22–31.
- C. Nilsson, S. W. Larsen, J. Østergaard, C. Larsen, A. Urtti, A. Yaghmur, “PEGylation of phytantriol-based lyotropic liquid crystalline particles: The effect of lipid composition, PEG chain length, and temperature on the internal nanostructure“, Langmuir 2014, 30, 6398−6407.
- A. Yaghmur, B. Sartori, M. Rappolt, “Control of lipid structuring by trans- and cis-fatty acids”, Elettra Highlights, Elettra Highlights 2012-2013, 112-113.
- S. Fogh Hedegaard, C. Nilsson, P. Laurinmӓki, S. Butcher, A. Urtti, A. Yaghmur, “Aqueous dispersions of the oil-soluble anionic surfactant citrem interacting with lipids and PEGylated lipids“, RSC Adv. 2013, 3, 24576-24585.
- B. Martin-Bertelsen, K. S. Korsholm, F. Rose, P. Nordly, H. Franzyk, D. Christensen, A. Yaghmur, C. Foged, “Structure-activity relationship for analogues of the mycobacterial lipid adjuvant monomycoloyl glycerol”, RSC Adv. 2013, 3, 20673-20683.
- C. Nilsson, B. Barrios-Lopez, A. Kallinen, P. Laurinmӓki, S. Butcher, M. Raki, K. Bergstrӧm, S. Weng Larsen, J. Østergaard, C. Larsen, A. Urtti, A. Airaksinen, A. Yaghmur, “SPECT/CT imaging of radiolabeled cubosomes and hexosomes for potential theranostic applications“, Biomaterials 2013, 34, 8491-8503.
- A. Yaghmur, M. Rappolt, S. W. Larsen, “In situ forming of drug delivery systems based on lyotropic liquid crystalline phases: structural characterization and release properties“, J. Drug Del. Sci. Tech. 2013, 23, 325-332.
- S. W. Larsen, J. Østergaard, A. Yaghmur, H. Jensen, C. Larsen, “Use of in vitro release models in the design of sustained and localized drug delivery systems for subcutaneous and intra-articular administration“, Drug Del. Sci. Tech. 2013, 23, 315-324.
- M. Rappolt, F. Cacho-Nerin, C. Morello, A. Yaghmur, “How the chain conformation governs the packing of inverted micelles in cubic Fd3m-phase”, Soft Matter 2013, 9, 6291-6300.
- L. Sagalowicz, S. Guillot, S. Acquistapace, L. de Campo, A. Yaghmur, M. Rouvet, M. E. Leser, O. Glatter, “Influence of vitamin E acetate and other lipids on the phase behavior of unsaturated monoglyceride mesophase”, Langmuir 2013, 29, 8222–8232.
- F. Ye, Y. Xie, H. Jensen, S. Weng Larsen, A. Yaghmur, C. Larsen, and J. Østergaard, “Interaction of amino acid and dipeptide β-naphthylaminie derivatives with hyaluronic acid and human serum albumin studied by capillary electrophoresis frontal analysis”, Chromatographia 2013, 76, 49-57.
- F. Ye, S. W. Larsen, A. Yaghmur, H. Jensen, C. Larsen, and J. Østergaard, “Drug release and transport in hydrogel-based subcutaneous surrogate studied by UV imaging“, JPBA 2012, 71, 27–34.
- A. Yaghmur, M. Rappolt, “Structural characterization of lipidic systems under non-equilibrium conditions“, Eur. Biophys. J. 2012, 41, 831-840.
- C. Nilsson, K. Edwards, S. W. Larsen, J. Østergaard, C. Larsen, A. Urtti, A. Yaghmur, “Characterization of oil-free and oil-loaded lipidic liquid crystalline particles stabilized by the negatively charged stabilizer citrem“, Langmuir 2012, 28, 11755–11766.
- A. Yaghmur, B. Sartori, M. Rappolt, “Self-assembled nanostructures of fully hydrated monoelaidin-elaidic acid and monoelaidin-oleic acid systems”, Langmuir 2012, 28, 10105-10119.
- A. Yaghmur, M. Rappolt, J. Østergaard, C. Larsen, S. W. Larsen, “Characterization of bupivacaine-loaded formulations based on liquid crystalline phases and microemulsions: The effect of lipid composition”, Langmuir 2012, 28, 2881–2889.
- F. Ye, S. W. Larsen, A. Yaghmur, H. Jensen, C. Larsen, J. Østergaard, “Real-time UV imaging of piroxicam diffusion and distribution from oil solutions into gels mimicking the subcutaneous matrix“, Eur. J. Pharm. Sci. 2012, 46, 72-78.
- F. Ye, H. Jensen, S. W. Larsen, A. Yaghmur, C. Larsen, J. Østergaard, “Measurement of Drug Diffusivities in Pharmaceutical Solvents Using Taylor Dispersion Analysis“, JPBA 2012, 61, 176–183.
- A. Yaghmur, S. W. Larsen, M. Schmitt, J. Østergaard, C. Larsen, H. Jensen, A. Urtti, M. Rappolt, “In situ characterization of lipidic bupivacaine-loaded formulations”, Soft Matter 2011, 7, 8291-8295.
- F. Ye, A. Yaghmur, H. Jensen, S. W. Larsen, C. Larsen, J. Østergaard, “Real-time UV imaging of drug diffusion and release from Pluronic F127 hydrogel“, Eur. J. Pharm. Sci. 2011, 43, 236–243.
- A. Yaghmur, B. Sartori, M. Rappolt, “The role of calcium ions in membrane condensation and spontaneous curvature variations in model lipidic system”, PCCP 2011, 13, 3115–3125.
- J. Østergaard, F. Ye, J. Rantanen, A. Yaghmur, S. W. Larsen, C. Larsen, H. Jensen, “Monitoring lidocaine single-crystal dissolution by ultraviolet imaging“, J. Pharma. Sci. 2011, 100, 3405-3410.
- L. Paasonen, T. Sipilä, A. Subrizi, P. Laurinmäki, S. J. Butcher, M. Rappolt, A. Yaghmur, A. Urtti, M. Yliperttula, “Gold-embedded photosensitive liposomes for drug delivery: Triggering mechanism and intracellular release”, J control. Rel. 2010, 147, 136–143.
- A. Yaghmur, L. Paasonen, M. Yliperttula, A. Urtti, M. Rappolt, “Structural elucidation of light activated vesicles”, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2010, 1, 962–966.
- A. Yaghmur, M. Kriechbaum, H. Amenitsch, M. Steinhart, P. Laggner, M. Rappolt, “The effects of pressure and temperature on the self-assembled fully hydrated nanostructures of monoolein-oil systems”, Langmuir 2010, 26, 1177–1185.
- C. Larsen, S.W. Larsen, H. Jensen, A. Yaghmur, J. Østergaard, “Role of in vitro release models in formulation development and quality control of parenteral depots”, Expert Opin. Drug Del. 2009, 6, 1283-1295.
- A. Yaghmur, O. Glatter, “Characterization and potential applications of nanostructured aqueous dispersions”, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 2009, 147-148, 333-342.
- A. Yaghmur, P. Laggner, M. Almgren, M. Rappolt, “Self-assembly in aqueous dispersions: Direct vesicles to cubosomes transition”, PLoS ONE 2008, 3, e3747.
- S. Salentinig, A. Yaghmur, S. Guillot, O. Glatter, “Preparation of highly concentrated nanostructured dispersions of controlled size”, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2008, 326, 211-220.
- A. Yaghmur, P. Laggner, B. Sartori, M. Rappolt, “Calcium triggered La-H2 phase transition monitored by combined rapid mixing and time-resolved synchrotron SAXS”, PLoS ONE 2008, 3, e2072.
- A. Yaghmur, P. Laggner, S. Zhang, M. Rappolt, “Tuning curvature and stability of monoolein bilayers by short surfactant-like designer peptides”, PLoS ONE 2007, 2, e479.
- A. Yaghmur, L. de Campo, L. Sagalowicz, M. E. Leser, O. Glatter, “Control of the internal structure of MLO-based isasomes by the addition of diglycerol monooleate (DGMO) and soybean phosphatidylcholine (PC)”, Langmuir 2006, 22, 9919-9927.
- L. Sagalowicz, M. Michel, M. Adrian, P. Frossard, M. Rouvet, H. J. Watzke, A. Yaghmur, L. de Campo, O. Glatter, M. E. Leser, “A cryo-TEM study of the crystallographic structure and morphology of dispersed monoglyceride self-assembly structures”, J. Microsc. 2006, 221, 110-121.
- A. Yaghmur, L. de Campo, S. Salentinig, L. Sagalowicz, M. E. Leser, O. Glatter, “Oil-loaded monolinolein-based particles with confined inverse discontinuous cubic structure (Fd3m) ”, Langmuir 2006, 22, 517-521.
- K. Bryskhe, K. Schillén, U. Olsson, A. Yaghmur, O. Glatter, “Formation of triblock copolymer nanoparticles with an internal structure”, Langmuir 2005, 21, 8597-8600.
- A. Yaghmur, L. de Campo, L. Sagalowicz, M. E. Leser, O. Glatter, “Emulsified microemulsions and oil-containing liquid crystalline phases”, Langmuir 2005, 21, 569-577.
- A. Yaghmur, A. Aserin, A. Abbas, N. Garti “Reactivity of furfural-cysteine model reaction in food grade five-component nonionic microemulsions”. Colloids and Surfaces A 2005, 253, 223-234.
- L. de Campo, A. Yaghmur, L. Sagalowicz, O. Glatter, “Reversible phase transition in emulsified nano-structured lipid systems”, Langmuir 2004, 20, 5254-5261.
- N. Garti, I. Zakharia, A. Spernath, A. Yaghmur, A. Aserin, R. E. Hoffman, L. Jacobs “Solubilization of water-insoluble nutraceuticals in nonionic microemulsions for water-based use”. Prog. Colloid Poly. Sci. 2004, 126, 184-189.
- A. Yaghmur , L. de Campo, O. Glatter, M. E. Leser, N. Garti “Structural characterization of five-component food grade oil-in-water nonionic microemulsions”. PCCP 2004, 6, 1524-1533.
- L. de Campo, A. Yaghmur, N. Garti, M. E. Leser, O. Glatter “Food-grade microemulsions: structural characterization by SANS”. J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2004, 274, 251-267.
- N. Garti, A. Yaghmur, A. Aserin, A. Spernath, R. Elfakess, S. Ezrahi “Solubilization of active molecules in microemulsions for improved solubilization, and environmental protection”, Colloids Surfaces A 2004, 230, 183-190.
- N. Garti, I. Amar, A. Yaghmur, A. Spernath “Interfacial modification and structural transitions induced by guest molecules solubilized in U-type nonionic food-grade microemulsions”. J. Disper. Sci. Technol. 2003, 24, 397-410.
- A. Yaghmur, A. Aserin, B. Antalek, N. Garti “Microstructure of five-component food grade oil-in-water microemulsions by PGSE-NMR, conductivity, and viscosity”, Langmuir 2003, 19, 1063-1068.
- A. Spernath, A. Yaghmur, A. Aserin, R. E. Hoffman, N. Garti “Phytosterols solubilization capacity and microstructure transitions in Winsor IV food-grade microemulsions studied by Self-Diffusion NMR”, J. Agric. Food Chem. 2003, 51, 2359-2364.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, A. Yaghmur, M. Baidossi, B. Kundu, Y. Sasson “Highly chemoselective heterogeneous Pd-catalyzed biaryl synthesis from haloarenes: reaction in an oil-in-water microemulsion”. Org. Process Res. Dev. 2003, 7, 641-643.
- A. Spernath, A. Yaghmur, A. Aserin, R. E. Hoffman, N. Garti “Food grade microemulsions based on nonionic emulsifiers: Media to enhance lycopene solubilization”, J. Agric. Food Chem. 2002, 50, 6917-6922.
- A. Yaghmur, A. Aserin, I. Tiunova, N. Garti “Structural behavior of nonionic surfactants in the presence of propylene glycol in nonionic microemulsions studied by DSC”, J. Thermal Anal. Cal. 2002, 69, 163-177.
- A. Yaghmur, A. Aserin, N. Garti “Phase behavior of microemulsions based on food-grade nonionic surfactants: Effect of polyols and short-chain alcohols”, Colloids Surfaces A 2002, 209, 71-81.
- A. Yaghmur, A. Aserin, N. Garti “Furfural – cysteine model reaction in food-grade nonionic O/W microemulsions for selective flavor formation”, J. Agric. Food Chem. 2002, 50, 2878-2883.
- N. Garti, A. Yaghmur, M. E. Leser, V. Clement, H. J. Watzke, “Improved oil solubilization in O/W food-grade microemulsions in the presence of polyols and ethanol”, J. Agric. Food Chem. 2001, 49, 2552-2562.
- A. Yaghmur, A. Aserin, Y. Mizrahi, A. Nerd, N. Garti, “Evaluation of argan oil for deep-fat frying”, Food Sci. Technol. 2001, 34, 124-130.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, A. Yaghmur, A. Benichou, Y. Sasson, “Homogeneous RuCl2(PPh3)3-catalyzed regioselective liquid-phase transfer hydrogenation of carbon-carbon double bond in chlorobenzylidene ketones with ethylene glycol as hydrogen donor”, Org. Process Res. Dev. 2000, 4, 571-574.
- A. Yaghmur, A. Aserin, Y. Mizrahi, A. Nerd, N. Garti, “Argan oil-in-water emulsions: preparation and stabilization”, J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 1999, 76, 15-18.
A. Yaghmur, L. de Campo, L. Sagalowicz, M. E. Leser, O. Glatter, M. Michel, and H. J. Watzke “Oil-in-water emulsion for delivery of active compounds, e.g. flavor and vitamins, comprises oil droplets exhibiting nano-sized structure containing hydrophilic domains and formed by lipophilic additive”, Patent number(s): EP1598060-A1; WO2005110370-A1; EP1758556-A1; AU2005244443-A1; CN1953735-A; US2007213234-A1; BR200510147-A; JP2007538040-W.
Book Chapters & Proceedings:
1. A. Yaghmur, “Nanoencapsulation of Food Ingredients by Cubosomes and Hexosomes“, In:“Lipid-Based Nanostructures for Food Encapsulation Purposes”, S. M. Jafari (ed.), Elsevier Book Series, 2019, Vol. 2, Chapter 12, pp. 483-522.
2. I. D. M. Azmi and A. Yaghmur, “Influence of Oleic Acid on Self-Assembled Nanostructures”, In: “Oleic Acid: Production, Uses and Potential Health Effects“, Nova Science Publishers, 2014, Chapter 2, pp. 9-34.
3. A. Yaghmur, J. Østergaard, S. W. Larsen, H. Jensen; C. Larsen, and M. Rappolt, “Drug Formulations Based on Self-Assembled Liquid Crystalline Nanostructures”, In: “Liposomes, Lipid Bilayers and Model Membranes: From Basic Research to Technology”, J. Katsaras, N. Kucerka, M.-P. Nieh, and G. Pabst (eds.), Francis and Taylor, 2014, Chapter 16, pp. 341-360.
4. A. Yaghmur and M. Rappolt, “The Micellar Cubic Fd3m Phase: Recent Advances in Structural Characterization and Potential Applications”, In: “Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes”, A. Igles (ed.), Elsevier Book Series, 2013, Vol. 18, Chapter 5, pp. 111-145.
5. A. Yaghmur, and O. Glatter, “Self Assembly in Lipidic Particles”, Novel Mesophases and Architectures, John Wiley & Sons, N. Garti,P. Somasundaran, R. Mezzenga (eds.), 2012, Chapter 5, pp. 129-155.
6. A. Yaghmur, M. Rappolt, “Recent Advances in the Characterization of Lipid-Based Nanocarriers”, In: Nano-architectures for solubilization and delivery, N. Garti and I. Yuli-Amar, 2011, DEStech Publications,Lancaster, pp 187-208.
7. A. Yaghmur, M. Rappolt, “Liquid Crystalline Nanoparticles as Drug Nanocarriers”, In: Colloids in Drug Delivery, M. Fanun (ed.) 2010, Taylor and Francis Group LLC, Chapter 14, pp. 337-353
8. A. Yaghmur, L. de Campo, and O. Glatter, “Formation and Characterization of Emulsified Microemulsions”, In: Microemulsions: Properties and Applications, M. Fanun (ed.) 2008, Chapter 7, pp. 185-201, Surfactant Science Series: Taylor and Francis/CRC Press.
9. S. Guillot, A. Yaghmur, L. de Campo, S. Salentinig, L. Sagalowicz, M. E. Leser, M. Michel, H. J. Watzke, and O. Glatter, “Self-Assembled Liquid Particles: How to Modulate their Internal Structure?”, In: “Montreux conference proceedings” 2007, Chapter 5, pp. 69-85.
10. A. Yaghmur, M. Fanun, A. Aserin, and N. Garti, “Food Grade Microemulsions Based on Nonionic Emulsifiers as Microreactors for Selective Flavor Formation by Maillard Reaction”, In: “Self-Assembly”, B. H. Robinson 2003, pp. 144-151.
Science News for General Public:
A. Yaghmur, “Designing New Drug Nanocarriers”: http://www.scitizen.com/
1998-2002 Ph.D. Applied Chemistry at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. 1996-1998 M.Sc. Applied Chemistry at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. 1990-1995 B.Sc. Chemical Engineering, Ankara University, Turkey (first class honors)