Stefan Horst Sommer
Sigurdsgade 41, 2200 København N
For full-text papers, please see my profile at ResearchGate https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stefan_Sommer
- July, 2016: I presented joint work with Alexis Arnaudon and Darryl Holm, Imperial College London, on stochastics on large deformations, estimation and Brownian bridge simulation at IMS, National University of Singapore, see http://www2.ims.nus.edu.sg/Programs/016shape/wk.php .
- Jan. 2016: ForskEL has funded the project Security Assessment of Renewable Power Systems (13,5 mill.) The project will be lead by Hjörtur Jóhannsson, DTU. Stefan Sommer will serve as leader of WP4, scientific coordinator, and member of the project management team.
- Dec. 2015: I have joined the editorial board of the Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision (JMIV) as associate editor.
- Nov. 2015: The Proceedings of Math on the Rocks shape analysis workshop in Grundsund, 2015 (co-edited with Klas Modin) are now online.
- July 2015: Stefan Sommer was awarded an Honourable Mention at the Information Processing in Medical Imaging (IPMI) 2015 conference for his paper Anisotropic Distributions on Manifolds: Template Estimation and Most Probable Paths and corresponding talk. See also DIKU news.
- Twitter: @sommercsmath
- Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=GGh0haAAAAA
- Github: http://github.com/stefansommer/ / http://github.com/nefan/
Primary fields of research
My research focus is on modeling and statisttics of non-linear data with application to shape spaces, functional data analysis, and image registration. This includes foundational and algorithmic aspects of statistics on manifold valued data, and computational modeling and statistical analysis of deformations occuring in computational anatomy.
- Higher-order Spatial Accuracy in Diffeomorphic Image Registration / Henry O. Jacobs and Stefan Sommer. Journal of Geometry, Imaging and Computing, 2015.In: Geometry, Imaging and Computing, Vol. 1, No. 4, 2014, p. 447-484.
- Anisotropic Distributions on Manifolds: Template Estimation and Most Probable Paths / Stefan Sommer.
Information Processing in Medical Imaging (IPMI) 2015
- A nonlinear mixed-effects model for simultaneous smoothing and registration of functional data. / Rakêt, Lars Lau; Sommer, Stefan Horst; Markussen, Bo.In: Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol. 38, 2014, p. 1-7.
- Higher-order momentum distributions and locally affine LDDMM registration. / Sommer, Stefan Horst; Nielsen, Mads; Darkner, Sune; Pennec, Xavier.In: S I A M Journal on Imaging Sciences, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2013, p. 341-367.
- Sparse multi-scale diffeomorphic registration : The Kernel Bundle Framework. / Sommer, Stefan Horst; Lauze, Francois Bernard; Nielsen, Mads; Pennec, Xavier.In: Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, Vol. 46, No. 3, 2013, p. 292-308.
Video recordings of talks:
- Evolution Equations with Anisotropic Distributions and Diffusion PCA, Geometric Science of Information, 2015